Can’t change channels when recording???

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change channels when recording???

Kayfray
Character Actor
I used to have direcTV and switched because they kept increasing my rates. Locked into Dish for 2 years at half the price with more channels - yay! But, I seem limited when I’m recording 2 things at the same time... as in I can’t change the channel at all?? That seems ridiculous. With DirecTV I could record about 5 things at once and still switch channels and not be required to watch the thing I’m recording. That’s the WHOLE POINT of recording things...because you want to watch something else! I scheduled a recording of a series last week that records at the same time another series we like is on, but tonight we wanted to watch a football game at the moment so we chose to record the second series while it was on. In order to change the channel I had to stop recording. So I’m guessing I’ll have to watch one of them on demand?
3 Replies

Re: Can’t change channels when recording???

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

Which Hopper do you have?  With the Hopper 3 you can watch/record up to 16 stations at the same time.

Kayfray
Character Actor
I’m not sure but I only signed up in June so I would think I have the latest version? Just seems ridiculous that if I’m recording more than one show I have to be watching one of them. Hello, that’s the whole point of RECORDING them lol.

DISH Employee

Hello KayFray! We do have different versions of the Hopper in order to accommodate different needs and budgets. If you can please send us a private message, we can certainly review the Hopper model you have and the options to add more tuners to your set up. 

Instructions to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039