cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Being Charged for Services Not Requested

MJCOSSITT
Extra
Our equipment went on the fritz and when we called Dish, the technician actually made it worse. They said they would come out and replace all of our equipment free of charge. They also said that even though they were upgrading our equipment, there would be no extra charge, even for our second receiver. Well low and behold we are being charged for the new equipment even thought Dish made the decision to upgrade it, not us. Now they refuse to keep their word and have increased our bill. I’ve been told they can’t do anything about it and that’s just what the Hopper costs. I’ve had Dish for about ten years but loyalty means nothing to them.
2 Replies

Re: Being Charged for Services Not Requested

Dazed1
Costume Designer
Loyalty means nothing to dish. (Channel disputes)

Re: Being Charged for Services Not Requested

Mikey
Extra

I was lied to by the Customer Service rep, telling me if I agreed to extending my contract another 24 months, upgraded my Hopper to Hopper 3 and the 2 Joeys, there would be NO CHARGE.

Well, only the Hopper 3 was upgraded, the technician did Not have the 2 Upgraded Joeys, and he tried to explain, oh they are just the same. I advised him that that was Not the Agreement or Deal, that the Hopper 3 and 2 new Joeys were to be upgraded. I told the Dish Service people that I wanted what dish and I agreed to, be delivered.

Have not heard from the Dish install techs for an appoinment, and today I get a Bill that is $300.76. I was charged for the Hopper 3 $160.68. After a 52 minute wait on the phone listening to Dish Music, a lady in West Virginia removed the charge and verified the agreement. The Joeys are not upgradeable as #1's are the only wireless joeys available. I have #1 and the #3 Joey is wired, I have no need for wired. The West Virgina lady explained things better. What bother me is if I was not available, dead or otherwise, the charge for the $160.68 Hopper 3 would have probably gone thru un noticed. Not sure if Dish does this as a business practice but seems to me, that I spend too much time checking my charges that I should NOT have to. Dish needs to Fix their internal billing problem. Direct TV wants me back, one more like this and I will go back to them.