cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Another issue with Dish Nedish Anywhere app for Firestick

Jfelt
Extra
I purchased the Amazon Firestick after reading on Dish’s website that it was the best streaming device for the Dish a Anywhere app but when trying to set it up I enter the code on Dishes activation website and nothing happens. Anyone else have this issue? Getting sick of Dish Network.
9 Replies

Re: Another issue with Dish Nedish Anywhere app for Firestick

peggyrh
Casting Director

I have several Firestick products & all work well with Dish Anywhere.  However I do have faster internet & that really makes a difference.  I can only suggest to keep trying.

Evets
Character Actor

I am having the same issue where I can't activate it.  after I enter the code, I get a web page source, and an OK button.  I can scroll through the source, but as soon as I hit the OK button, it just gives me another code.  Any susequent tries on the web page with a new code, just refreshes the page.  The first one says the device is registered.  If I exit the app at that point, when I go back in it tries to login but just sits there spinning.

Evets

DISH Employee

Hello Evets, I am sorry to hear you are having issues accessing the DISH Anywhere app via your Firestick. To provide the best experience there is a network bandwidth requirement of 800 Kbps or better for SD, 4 Mbps or better for HD. This connection is important to both the device you're viewing on and your DISH receiver at home.

If you have the required speeds to allowing viewing of the content, we definitely need to look a bit further into this concern. To get started, can you send me a private message? https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Evets
Character Actor

Hi SadedraJ, 

I currently have a 3 Mb DSL connection.  I've also tried it with a 4G Verizon connection which is very fast.  It still doesn't work.  I did find the text in the HTML code message.  It says an error occurred.  All I have is an OK button.  When I click OK, it sends me back to the interface where it shows a new code to try.

Evets

DISH Employee

Thanks for clarifying that information for us, Evets. Are you trying to activate your Firestick using a smart device or personal computer (desktop/laptop)? 

Lauraandr
Extra
I’m having this same exact issue starting today. It has worked for weeks and just now having this issue on the firestick. I tried uninstall and reinstalling and same issue. I’m trying to activate on my iPhone.

Evets
Character Actor

I am activating using a laptop.

Evets
Character Actor

@CalebS I am using a laptop, Windows 10 PC.

DISH Employee

If this issue is still happening, please try resetting your myDISH password. Once it is reset, try to reactivate the device.