Amazon Prime video not on my JOEY

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Amazon Prime video not on my JOEY

fauceeg
Extra

I am having the same issue. I was told that I would be able to do anything with the Joey that I could do with the Hopper when I ordered the upgrade to the Hopper 3. It seems I was misled. It was my understanding that whatever was available on the Hopper 3 would be available through the Joey mated to it. Please correct this.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Whomever told you that was misunderstood. There are a couple things you cannot do with the Joey, that you can with Hopper. Off the top of my head, Youtube, Amazon Prime, and PIP.

Lexiesmemere
Extra

I got it on my Joey right after I first set it up on the Hopper, but no longer.  Even the Hopper disappears after every night's update.

@jerry-dish wrote:

I just chatted with a Dish rep and the prime app only works on the Hopper for now. The Joey may follow in a while.

Sax6M
Character Actor

I was elated to find that Amazon Prime is available on my Hopper.

Then I was crestfallen to learn that unlike Netflix, it is not available through my Joey.

To us layman consumers this does not make sense.  I understand that it could due to technical,l or contractual issues.  Keeping subscribers informed would be appreciated.

DISH Employee

We appreciate your feedback, and we hear your concerns. We will make sure to share your feedback with our Engineering Team to see if this is something that can be implemented in the future!

Mangoldc
Extra

I had same issue. Called Dish. They said Prime Video on Joey will come at later date. Dish gave no indication of timeframe.

bhwalter
Extra
Please tell me how to use amazon video on my Joey. It makes no sense that it’ll work on my Hopper in the living room but not in the bedroom.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
It does not work on the Joeys. The only receiver it works on is the Hopper 3.