Amazon Prime video not on my JOEY

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Amazon Prime video not on my JOEY

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
The one that I gave a like to, and that even says it was an assumption, and was not what was put out? Saw it.

kshumpert
Extra

true, but I assure you most subscribers asssumed it would be like neflix and be available on all TVs in the house.....  

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Compared to assuming it would be like Youtube and only on the Hopper? The issue with that is the word assumption. Not something they advertised.

davej42
Extra

Just talked to them. Looks like it will only work on the main box and its probably going to be like HBO, never happen on the Joey. They don't make anything from putting on the hopper if you have a prime account so why they put it on Dish at all is surprising and because it will cost them to put it on the Joey due to programming cost unless Amazon pays or does it themselves it will likely never happen.

Dish was created for those of us in rural America but they are headed to a streaming company and I don’t know about everyone else but I live a mire 20 miles from a metropolitan area and my internet is so bad that streaming is marginal at best. So I can stream after midnight and before 3 in the afternoon and that’s it. My internet provider is bankrupt so I don’t see that changing. Never pay for Windstream they are terrible. Heck and they go the word stream in their name but it is the farthest from the truth.

DEBDISH
Character Actor
Causing major upset at my house. Please: Either make Prime and YouTube available on all boxes or allow multiple Joeys on one network

DEBDISH
Character Actor
Sorry. Above meant to say allow multiple Hoppers on one network.

DISH Employee

We love all the feedback that our members provide to us on how we can improve your TV needs. At this time, the Amazon Prime Video app is only available on all Hopper 3 receivers. In order to use the Amazon Prime Video app, our members must have an internet-connected Hopper 3 with minimum internet speeds of 3Mbps. However, HBO, Cinemax, and CBS All Access are not currently available through the Prime Video app on the Hopper 3.

We will definitely submit the feedback that has been provided to our Engineering and Tech Ops teams for availability on the Joeys. 

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
You can have multiple Hopper 3’s. You just have to purchase any of them after the first.

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

Hi Chad,

Just curious, so you are saying that you can have multiple Hopper 3's on one network then correct?  If I have 2 Hopper 3's on my network when I schedule a program to record from one of my Joeys how does the system know which Hopper 3 to send the record request to?

Thanks.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
It will be the Hopper that the Joey is linked to. That’s the advantage of a MoCA network. You can change the assignment through the settings.