cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Amazon Prime video not on my JOEY

IDMT1
Extra

Amazon prime is fine on my hopper 3  - but won't be on my listings for my JOEY -- I've reset the JOEY still without working -- any other thoughts 

27 Replies

Re: Amazon Prime video not on my JOEY

MartyS
Extra

Me too. I have Amazon Prime video on my Hopper but does not appear on my Joey's after Joey reset. What is the fix?

@IDMT1 wrote:

Amazon prime is fine on my hopper 3  - but won't be on my listings for my JOEY -- I've reset the JOEY still without working -- any other thoughts 

jerry-dish
Extra

I just chatted with a Dish rep and the prime app only works on the Hopper for now. The Joey may follow in a while.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Amazon is only available on the Hopper3. I wouldn’t hold my breath for it to become available on other receivers.

steveK
Extra

Amazon Prime is a big nothing.  I have Amazon Prime.  I have the Hopper 3 with two Joeys.  My TVs are connected to the Joeys.  As others have discovered this feature is flawed and not ready for prime time.  Therefore, I was excited about the new feature option only to be dashed by the engineers that make the feature unaccessible to me or my family.  As all the other features and apps are accessible on the Joeys, this makes no sense. As a long time subscriber to Dish, this is another one step forward - two steps back. I will continue to watch Amazon Prime, meaning I am not using Dish.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Off some. The Youtube app is not accessible on the Joeys either. Expect that from companies as they beef up/protect their security.

notsogreat
Camera Crew

The big announcment should have said that it doen't work on Joeys.  No, I had to reset, reset and finally research it to find out.  Why???

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Did it say it was on the Joeys, or Hopper3 because each advertisement I have seen has very specifically said Hopper3. They advertised exactly what it was on.

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

I am grateful that Dish now offers Amazon video streaming via channel 301 on the Hopper 3 as it seems to work very well.  However, I cannot help being a little disappointed as I made the incorrect assumption that it would be like Netflix and available through my Joeys as well, but that is not the case.

Good job Dish on offering Amazon video streaming via the Hopper 3 now please add it to the Joeys as well.  Thanks.

notsogreat
Camera Crew

duh, chad see crb post