Alexa Show

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa Show

JourneysCT
Character Actor

I just ordered the new Alexa Show and am curious if I will be able to watch Dish from my DVR on the Alexa Show? I know it's a brand new device, so I don't know where else to ask.

Thanks!

7 Replies

Re: Alexa Show

DISH Employee

That's a great question, JourneysCT! It looks like it's basically an Echo Dot device with a screen, so it should be compatible with controlling the actual DVR with your voice. None of my information indicates it would be able to show the recorded events on the screen, but that would be pretty cool if it could sync with your DVR so if your back is to the TV when you're busy, you could view on this device!

peggyrh
Associate Producer

Show is not a tablet & has no way to add the necessary app for Dish Anywhere.  

JourneysCT
Character Actor

Thank you. I have no idea how all this stuff works, but I figured I'd ask. It might be a feature that could be added in the future.

JourneysCT
Character Actor

My understanding is that the new Alexa Show that will be released in a few weeks will include the Firefox browser. Is that something that could be incorporated in the future?

Highlighted

DISH Employee

We're always working on ways to improve our systems and services to make a better viewing experience for our members, so this would be a great integration to include. I have sent this feedback up to our Engineering team, and appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us with this information! 

JourneysCT
Character Actor

Thank You, Jessica. Do you know if there will be an update to the Dish Anywhere Player for the Mojave OS new to the Mac computer?

DISH Employee

There's not any information available for that so it doesn't look like it's in the works just yet. But, of course technology moves pretty fast these days, so it may be added to our list of supported Operating Systems in the future.