Acquiring Signal 535 error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquiring Signal 535 error

Monique48
Character Actor

I keep getting this "acquiring signal" box and after 5 minutes, I still have no signal. I've unplugged and unplugged. One minute, I'm watching tv, the next, this box keeps popping up. Is anyone having this problem? There's only so much I can watch on the DVR. 

5 Replies

Re: Acquiring Signal 535 error

DISH Employee

That's frustrating, Monique48! Does your service come back, or has it persisted with this message? This message appears when the receiver has lost signal to the satellite and is in the process of reacquiring. This may occur after a reset. 

GaPeachMom
Extra

I have had this problem for 2 weeks, now.  I've tried every troublshooting tip that I can find.  I have spoken with two or three representatives, who tell me to do the same troublshooting things that I have already done.  Unplug from power for 10 seconds, press the red reset button, remove and replace the card.  The first error that pops up on the screen says local channels interrupted, we are aware of this problem and are working to resolve.......then before you can read the rest of the message, another window pops up with the acquiring signal 535 message.  This should only take 5 minutes to complete.  However, 5, 10, 20, 30 minutes later - nothing.  It doesn't matter which channel I am trying to get. Nothing will come up. I would like to have someone to come out and check my equipment, but I cannot get in touch with support.  The last time I called, it told me my approximate wait time is 43 minutes. Rediculous. :-(

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hello GaPeachMom! I'd love to take a look at what's going on with your receiver and get this resolved. Please send me a private message with your phone number on file and 4-digit security code. 

For instructions on how to send a PM: 
https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

GaPeachMom
Extra

Thank You, Brenda.  I am currently at work, not at home right now.  Otherwise, I would gladly accept your help.  I am a subscriber of the dish protect silver, is there any way that I can schedule a service call for someone to come out and take a look at my equipment?

DISH Employee

Yes, once we're in a private message I'll be able to review the notes on your account and see if a technician or replacement receiver is warranted.