54.1 Voice Remote need software update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

54.1 Voice Remote need software update

Hounddogger
Character Actor

Spoke with Dish Network technical support  on 10-26-2019 & the technician was going to send request to the software engineers to fix 54.1 Voice Remote to be able to tun off TV & auxiliary device with the 54.1 remote, as of today unable to turn off TV & auxiliary device with the 54.1 remote.

Please advise when this update will be done?

7 Replies

Re: 54.1 Voice Remote need software update

DISH Employee

Hello Hounddogger. I know having a remote issue can get pretty frustrating, and I would be more than happy to see how I can help out. Our 54.1 remote should control the power to most TVs and Auxiliary devices using the proper remote code. Does the 54.1 remote already control the volume to both of the devices? 

Hounddogger
Character Actor

Yes the 54.1 remote already controls the volume to both devices only doesn't control the power for both devices.

DISH Employee

Perfect. Even though it is controlling the volume, the remote could still be on the wrong remote code. Let's focus on the TV for right now. Have you already tried each remote part of the TV Pairing Wizard? If you don't remember how to get back there, you can press your Home button twice, go into Settings, then Remote Setting, and lastly the TV section. 

Hounddogger
Character Actor

Yes, I have tried each remote part of the TV wizard & still can't turn power to TV on & off...

Under devices TV was paired as Sharp,1659 & Auxiliary Device paired as Phillips,2459

I appreciate all your help, are you a Dish network software engineer working on a software update to solve this issue

DISH Employee

Perfect. Thanks for letting me know. Our Engineer team does monitor our Communities, but I am not part of this team. Normally a remote issue wouldn't be software related as all our software is on the receivers themselves and not in the remote. This is why I want to make sure that there isn't another cause. In the same remote Menu at the very bottom, the is a section that says Limited Mode. Can you tell me if that says on or off please? 

Hounddogger
Character Actor

It's limited mode is on

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Ok. We will want to keep it on Limited Mode, as that allows the TV's input from accidentally being changed with the remote. We may be able able to try a few more steps, with access to the Hopper's information. If you would please send us a Private Message, we would be happy to continue to look into this together. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039