54.0 remote voice recognition - says no internet connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

54.0 remote voice recognition - says no internet connection

timmyg4869
Character Actor

I have the same problem others have had - voice recognition  when I try to use it - it says no internet connection . I just got the system installed thursday so it cant be the same software  fix other have mentioned -can anyone help me ?? getting tech support takes forever - I need the fix for this problem

Thanks

4 Replies

Re: 54.0 remote voice recognition - says no internet connection

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What are your internet speeds on your hopper? The voice remote requires internet to function.

timmyg4869
Character Actor

Thanks for the response - but I was told by installer that I dont need internet connection for voice recognition. I just want to search categories/ the channels from the satelite dish subscribed channels. Not whats on the internet. Others have reported this same problem in this forum

Any othert suggestions??

Highlighted

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The voice remote requires internet to function the voice recognition. The only suggestion would be to connect internet to use that feature. Apologize if the installer mislead you.

DISH Employee

Hello TimmyG. I can understand your frustration, and I do apologize if the requirements for the voice remote were not explained properly. The receiver must have an internet connection for voice commands to function. For more information on how this remote functions please visit us here: https://www.mydish.com/support/products/remotes/voice-commands/using-voice-commands.