cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

211z in RV

roosbox
Extra

We just purchased a Tailgater4 and the local installer convinced us that the 211z receiver is far better in the RV than a Wally. We explained to him that we want to be able to watch TV in 2 rooms of our RV. He said we could just simply move the receiver from one room to the other and vice-versa. We've been setting it up at home so we can be all setup when we get to our destinations as we travel. In setting up at home, whenever we move it from room to room, the receiver wants to do a setup scan.

Is this normal?

4 Replies

Re: 211z in RV

jwaskowi
Character Actor

We installed a Wally in our RV primarily for it's small size and rf combo remote which allowed it to be tucked away in a cabinet.  Curious as to the reasons the tech thought the 211 was a better choice.

roosbox
Extra

Believe me, the Wally would be so much bettere in our bedroom, but we'll build a fold down table for it. In the living room, it fits fine.

Apparently, according to the tech, he said the Wally will try and operate before it's fully setup (like starting around 8% or so) and that it's a common problem. Said the 211 is "far superior" and better built. I'm kind of thinking they just want to clear them out of the local warehouse :/

jwaskowi
Character Actor

Thanks for replying on your choice between the 211 and the Wally.  I can't speak directly to the 211, but since it runs off 110vac, my Wally is off more than it's on.  Every time we get to a new site and plug in, it goes thru a full startup cycle.  Just guessing, but it sounds like that's what your 211 is doing too.

Hopefully Dish will weigh in and give you a definitive answer! 

DISH Employee

roosbox, I do wish we were able to definitively give you an answer why the tech who sold you this equipment prefers the VIP211z vs. the Wally, but I am happy to give you more details on both of the receivers. With the Tailgater 4, you are only able to connect one receiver at a time. The difference between the Wally and the 211z when it comes to the satellites is with the Wally you are able to lock in to both Eastern arc and Western arc. With the 211z, you are only able to connect to the Western arc. In addition to this, some customers prefer a more simpler interface, which is what the 211z offers. The Wally has a more newer interface similar to our Hopper system.

Here is a link with more information on the VIP211z: https://www.mydish.com/support/receivers/211z
Here is a link with more information on the Wally: https://www.mydish.com/support/receivers/wally