cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

2 month old vip722k bad reciever

nuclearmac
Extra

i had a 222 [i think] reciever that kept freezing picture.. contacted dish had to pay shipping... this was in august, recieved  a reconditioned vip722k reciever, hooked up all was well till 2 days ago tv2 quit working.called dish  rep.tried differant suggestions , rep said needed to replace  reciever  [ $15 shipping again]... than said  send a tech , i would have to pay for visit. [$50].  told them to never mind that i would do without tv2.. but wife wants to go and watch her programs on tv2 , not happy..  the lights on front of  reciever does not light up for tv2...  so i believe it is a bad reciever  need a new one , but since this one is only 2 months old , i don't believe  i should be charged a  second  shipping fee  or anything because i was sent a bad reciever..  also did not have any new remotes included with reciever .. been with dish for  5 or 6 years and think old customers should be treated a litle better.... 

3 Replies

Re: 2 month old vip722k bad reciever

DISH Employee

Hey nuclearmac.  We appreciate you time with us and are happy to help. For TV 2, the coax that connects to the receiver; do you have anything connected to Home Distribution? 

nuclearmac
Extra

thank you for getting back to me ...  i have gotten it resolved . went to dish chat and tech did his best to get a fix but to no avail, because there was no solution , needed a replacement receiver . my gripe was having to pay a shipping for a new one ,i felt that it was not my fault that i was sent a bad reciever and should not have to pay a additional shipping fee$15.. well the tech did a weiver of shipping fee and put in a order for a new vip722k receiver no shipping fee..   should have it friday...   thanks to dish

DISH Employee

We are so happy to hear that this has been resolved and the agent was able to take care of you. Should you have any other questions and/or concerns, we are here to help!