1st HBO, then CBS (Meredith), and now FoxSports South?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

1st HBO, then CBS (Meredith), and now FoxSports South?

SharonM
Character Actor

Come on, Dish!! I am growing tired of losing the very channels that I elected to pay you to view.  First, you removed HBO forcing me to stream the network.  (HBO Now is not live.)  Then, earlier this week, you removed my local CBS channel (Meredith).  Now, I hear that you are threathening to remove FoxSports South.  You did this several years ago forcing me to listen to Braves Baseball via the radio.  (Seriously, is this 1919?)  If FoxSports South goes, so do I.  I have been a loyal customer for 10 years despite constant attempts to woo me away to other subscribers with cheaper costs.  But why should I stay if you continue to breach our contract?  And, by the way, adding the ACC Network should be a no-brainer.  

30 Replies

Re: 1st HBO, then CBS (Meredith), and now FoxSports South?

0426Rmm
Extra

They are doing the same thing for Mo. 65535 and it is breach of contract. We are paying for these channels and they are not delivering. What can we do?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
There is no breach of contract as this is covered explicitly in the contract.

peggyrh
Casting Director
Dish did not remove the channel, the channel owner did. It's contract negotiation time & the greedy networks are playing hardball thinking they don't get enough money for channels that are actually free over the air. They're holding Dish hostage.

edII
Extra

Fox Sports is not free over the air.

rbpapps
Character Actor

This is ubsurd. Dish is not not living up to their agreement. If Fox Sports south goes and we dont get CBS back I will cancel

DISH Employee

We would hate to see you leave the DISH family! We know how important it is to have FOX Sports to stay up to date with your favorite teams. Periodically, DISH and the channel owners negotiate deals so that we may offer you high-quality content at a fair value. 

DISH's goal is to keep the FOX Regional Sports Networks available to our customers at a reasonable cost. We are still in negotiations and do not understand why FOX Regional Sports Networks has chosen to involve our customers at this time. We are working hard in reaching an agreement as soon as possible.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Considering dropped channels are explicitly covered in the agreement, what part are they not living up to?

sheby7737
Character Actor

Then just why does our FEES NEVER DECREASE when we keep losing channels.  We purchase a service on 'good faith' and you are failing to deliver

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
They did decrease after HBO and Cinemax. It’s the same reason the increase each year is much less than the competition. The annual price is set based on the factors of contracts and channel arrangements.