cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

weeks without CBS or local Fox Sports

kurtd
Extra

packages are advertised containing certain channels. At no time did the salesperson I signed on with let me know that I may not be able to receive any of these channels. I haven't received our local CBS channel or our local Fox sports channel for several weeks. People purchase DISH programming for specific channels. To say that any of these channels can be cancelled at any time specifically negates why a person utilizes DISH services. With this type of policy they could cancel all programs and only provide music channels and still abide by their so called contractual agreement. This is not ethical and probably not legal. When I terminated my service I was charged a very large termination fee. I would not have left DISH had they continued to provide the package I signed up for. I will be leaving as much negative publicity in any format I can and using any legal means to get refunded for this fee. DISH programming is going to die because of this type of bogus business practice. 

7 Replies

Re: weeks without CBS or local Fox Sports

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Every single provider has the same clause and goes through the same things.

GJMJ-1
Costume Designer

I Have Noticed Alot Of New Dish Commercials Touting There Football Packages I Wonder How Many People Will Sign Long Term Contracts And Have Those Channels Yanked While Dish Gives Us Another Finger Somewhere Else

GJMJ-1
Costume Designer

Ive Really Had It With The People At Dishes Attitude That If You Dont Like Your Channels Being Pulled  Go Pound Sand When This Dish Customer Goes Hes Not Coming Back

RDH
Character Actor

I guarantee I when my contract is up I'll be gone and won't be back.

@GJMJ-1 wrote:

Ive Really Had It With The People At Dishes Attitude That If You Dont Like Your Channels Being Pulled  Go Pound Sand When This Dish Customer Goes Hes Not Coming Back

dvanloh
Extra

Minnesota Twins fans are missing the most wanted to watch games of the year. We can certainly switch to the other D tv but we were assured that the Dish people are working on a resolution. I wonder how Disney can expect us to fall into the Disney trap in Orlando,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................sddd..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

PepeLep
Visual Engineer

You are 100% correct. That's is beyond ridiculous and we're treated like we should just turn it over to QVC and take it.

Dish is going to lose a whole lot of customers if they don't hurry up and get a deal so we're can watch the channels we're paying for. This business model does not work. People aren't just going to take being treated this way. I got Dish for one channel. Now I'm being denied it. I will make it my life's mission to run this company out of business if I'm forced to change providers. We all should. 

Some people have said they were offered $3 if they called and complained. It's ridiculous that all customers haven't automatically been given the same credit automatically. What we really want is our channels.

I'm about tired of waiting. Dish needs to make a deal with Fox Regional Sports now!!!!!!

Wilder
Camera Crew

I'm going to post this in a lot of threads, perhaps it will help speed things up wtih getting FOX back:

I went and did an online chat to complain about the removal of the FOX networks, and I demanded compensation. They offered me a paltry one-time $8 reduction on my current statement. I took it, because I don't want to pay for channels I'm not receiving. However, if everyone on these threads could do the same, it would add up to something DISH may have to pay attention to and perhaps speed things up in getting the channels back. Please go on online chat or call customer service to demand compensation. Thanks!