local channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

local channels

page467
Extra
Since you now charge an extra 10.00 a month for local channels are we going to get credit for the loss of NBC?
Since referring a customer I received the 10.00 credit then you raised the rates 10.00 is that really good business?
3 Replies

Re: local channels

DISH Employee
page467 wrote:
Since you now charge an extra 10.00 a month for local channels are we going to get credit for the loss of NBC?
Since referring a customer I received the 10.00 credit then you raised the rates 10.00 is that really good business?

Most recently, our fastest growing programming costs relate to delivering your local channels like ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC. You will now see the locals as a separate charge on your bill ($10) however we are decreasing your core package by $5; so it's a total increase of $5. We added the separate line item to give you more visibility into where our rising costs come from. Credits are generally not issued as our contract states that programming is subject to change since we do not own the channels. We are however working around the clock to reach a long term agreement.

rlcouch
Extra
Apparently I am not the only one concerned with your lack of customer service in pursuant of more profit. Maybe instead of pleading with you to get your act together and negotiate a contract we should just find another provider. I would not like to go that route as I have been a LOYAL Dish customer for YEARS!! But if I don't have my CBS station back on the air that is what I will do.

DISH Employee
rlcouch wrote:
Apparently I am not the only one concerned with your lack of customer service in pursuant of more profit. Maybe instead of pleading with you to get your act together and negotiate a contract we should just find another provider. I would not like to go that route as I have been a LOYAL Dish customer for YEARS!! But if I don't have my CBS station back on the air that is what I will do.

We would hate to lose you! Switching is not the answer as all pay-TV providers have programming disputes. In fact, Hearst recently had a dispute with a different national television provider that resulted in the removal of their stations from January 1 through January 7, 2017.