dish dropping local nbc affiliate over money

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dish dropping local nbc affiliate over money

kevinkcfan
Extra

i'm tired of being held hostage over money they make while i lose programing i pay for thinking of switching to direct or none at all

5 Replies

Re: dish dropping local nbc affiliate over money

Local ABC affiliate has been dropped for 10 months. Small digital antenna works for me. I've heard that calling to complain sometimes results in a discounted rate

DISH Employee

I know missing a local channel is upsetting. The fact is, only the channel owners can choose to remove their content from DISH customers. We are working to reach a mutual agreement. Switching is not the answer as every Pay TV provider has disputes with channel owners. Staying tells channel owners that, while their programming is great, they need to be reasonable. You can get updates regarding negotiations online at DISHpromise.com

These channels are free with an Over the Air antenna, and local can be removed from most DISH packages. 

Shazam
Camera Crew

This is why dish needs to contact me I have an Idea to give dish an advantage the local channels will drop their price.

WDMN627
Extra

PLEASE SETTLE YOUR DISPUTE WITH    NBC / WREX TV ROCKFORD, IL.

THE NEW SHOWS ARE STARTING VERY SOON !!!

DMN

DISH Employee

WDMN627, we know how much this impacts you and your family. Quincy Media is demanding an unreasonable rate increase, which is more than double what we currently pay for their channels. DISH offered to match the rates paid by other pay-TV providers; Quincy Media refused this offer. Make sure to visit: https://www.mydish.com/promise for all up-to-date information on the negotiations.