Wrong guide info

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong guide info

Joeyrub
Character Actor

My account is showing wrong guide info for channel 3 (MeTv).
I'm in nyc (Brooklyn) but it's showing the lineup from a different city. It matches up most of the day (same shows) but not all. So like now, weekdays, is the same all day, except early mornings 5am to 8am is different. And on the weekend that just passed there were a lot of differences.
From I see as the info showing in the guide, it looks like it's from the Delaware channel.
Anyone else notice this issue?

4 Replies

Re: Wrong guide info

DISH Employee

What is your 5 digit zip code?
Is this the only channel that is affected by this issue?

Joeyrub
Character Actor
Thanks for replying PemelaM. But as of this morning when I checked the guide, it was already showing the correct info. So let's hope it's fixed and stays like this.
Fyi if it still matters, my zip code is, 11230 (Brooklyn,NY). And for your second question, I only noticed it for this one channel (channel#3 METV). The other channels did seem to show the correct local info. Only for this one channel it was off.
But like I said, it's showing the correct info already. But thanks for replying

Joeyrub
Character Actor

The same issue is back! The guide is showing the same wrong info for the same channel again!
I thought you guys figured out the issue, but it's back again! Come on guys!

DISH Employee

The guide may need an update, which can be accomplished easily. We have the instructions available here: https://www.mydish.com/support/no-guide 

For a Hopper system, press the red color button or Options button (depending on your remote) to see the TV Activity screen. If there's not an available tuner you can stop recording one of the events in progress, or turn off the receiver in a location that's watching to free a tuner. Once a tuner is available, the Guide will download automatically -- it should only take up to 10 minutes. 

For all other systems, press Guide on the remote then repeatedly press the right arrow button until popup 318 appears, then select Yes to begin the download.

If updating the Guide doesn't resolve the issue, try resetting the receiver by unplugging it from the power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in.