Why is Fox Soccer Plus standard def?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Fox Soccer Plus standard def?

MontanaMac
Extra
I was very surprised and disappointed to find out that Fox Soccer Plus feed is ONLY standard definition.

Why is this, and who is responsible? Dish? Fox?

I was flabbergasted when I ordered this extra channel, for many reasons: 1. This is 2017. 2. The channel costs $15/mo 3. There is no indication anywhere before ordering that it is not an normal HD channel. 4. Other providers do carry the HD feed of FSP.
7 Replies

Re: Why is Fox Soccer Plus standard def?

We do not carry the HD feed of Fox Soccer Plus at this time. I will forward your request that we add this
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You could quote DTV, as they have it in HD, but for $89, compared to the $45 you're paying Dish.

hddn
Visual Engineer
If you look at the line up guides here:

www.mydish.com/programmingguides

Anything that doesn't have an HD logo is not HD. (And that channel doesn't have one.)

Another way to get info like this is to just google the channel name and look at the wikipedia entry. Seems like nearly every channel has one. The Wikipedia entry for Fox Soccer Plus says that it is SD on Dish and Verizon FIOS, and is SD with part-time HD on DirecTV.

MontanaMac
Extra
Matt G wrote:
We do not carry the HD feed of Fox Soccer Plus at this time. I will forward your request that we add this

Okay, I appreciate that.

I still remain shocked that an al-la carte sports channel for which I would pay $15/mo is standard def in 2017.

Yes Chadt4141, apparently I could switch to DirecTV to get the feed in HD, although I'm not ordering the MLS package.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
MontanaMac wrote:
Matt G wrote:

Okay, I appreciate that.

I still remain shocked that an al-la carte sports channel for which I would pay $15/mo is standard def in 2017.

Yes Chadt4141, apparently I could switch to DirecTV to get the feed in HD, although I'm not ordering the MLS package.

That's the o my way they offer it. One big reason is cost.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
15$ per month ?? for 1 sd channel ?? :o

MontanaMac
Extra
Tried it for a week, but the picture is just not good enough for soccer, rugby, and footy. I cancelled and put the money toward a streaming sports subscription instead.