Why don't packages make sense?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't packages make sense?

bengland3
Extra
I am so frustrated with Dish, there is no way that I can get all of the channels that I want, without getting stuck with an ugly bill. It sucks that Dish is able to advertise saying that you won't get stuck with an ugly bill, but that is exactly what happens. There are not more than 50 channels that I even care about, but I have to subscribe to 250 or more channels that I will never watch in order to be able to watch one channel that I want to watch on occasion, at a steep premium none the less.
5 Replies

Re: Why don't packages make sense?

DISH Employee
Channels are placed in their package based on the agreements made with the channel owners.

We have a new Flex Pack. This package starts with 50+ popular channels and you may add on separate more channels based on your preference such as the National Action Pack, Variety Pack, Kids Pack, News Pack, and Regional Action Pack.

screenersam
Character Actor
but Flex Pack doesn't offer NFL Network nor TCM.
no way to get without paying the big buck$.

DISH Employee
Tuner Classic Movies DISH channel 132 is in the Flex Pack for $34.99. Review the channels that are available here: https://www.mydish.com/flex-pack .

kenstodola
Extra
bengland3 wrote:
I am so frustrated with Dish, there is no way that I can get all of the channels that I want, without getting stuck with an ugly bill. It sucks that Dish is able to advertise saying that you won't get stuck with an ugly bill, but that is exactly what happens. There are not more than 50 channels that I even care about, but I have to subscribe to 250 or more channels that I will never watch in order to be able to watch one channel that I want to watch on occasion, at a steep premium none the less.

That's exactly the point of flex packs. Not all sports are in the sports pack and so on with every type of channel. Spread them out for maximum profit.

screenersam
Character Actor
I ended up getting the Movie Pack wi Retro, MGM and Sony (among other things) so I can get some old movies. too bad TCM isn't in that packaage.