Why does Dish think we are stupid?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why does Dish think we are stupid?

GEEKZERO
Character Actor

I say keep on, keeping on.......because 10 times out of 10 you get the info correct, i like reading your inputs

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Thank you. I do sometimes get it wrong and have no shame admitting when I do. If we can’t accept criticism, we don’t really have an honest platform. If I can’t defend a position, it is probably not a defendable position.

When it comes to locals, what I will say is if you ever want to know why it seems so regular, it is because they all belong to the same group which should be considered for RICO charges.. the NAB. Unfortunately, they have so much power that the current president is a former senator. Lobbyists.
Highlighted

ssund1
Extra

I wasn't charged for HBO when they went off the air.  I dropped the HBO package after that just because I'm ornery, but I wasn't charged after they went off Dish Network.

Merelyme
Extra
Agree. Just to get a FEW channels my husband likes, we are forced into a package loaded with channels we never, ever watch. They try to make it sound like you can actually CHOOSE the channels you want when in reality? That's not true.

peggyrh
Casting Director
No pay TV service has a la carte channels, they all force you to subscribe to specific packages.

troutnc
Camera Crew

The channel(s) owner asks for x amount of money from DISH. DISH says no. DISH customers scream for the channel(s). How does DISH know their customers aren't willing to pay the demanded price? They don't!

Dish should pay the price required to keep the channel(s) on air until the customers balk at the price DISH charges. Then DISH can go back to the channel(s) owner and demand they lower the price or they will have to drop the programming.

That's how it should work.

DISH, you are doing me no favor when you drop programming I demand to see, or fail to add new programming like the ACC Network that I absolutely must have!

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
That’s not how contracts work. Once the agreement is in place, that is the price. They know how much, on a sliding scale, each is worth. There are people that go to college to learn that specifically. Any successful company does that... and I don’t just mean in telecom.

troutnc
Camera Crew

Contracts work however the parties to the contract decide they work. My main point is for DISH to pay the man so I can watch the programming I want to see. Don’t decide for me what I am willing or not willing to pay.

peggyrh
Casting Director
We all make the decision of what we want to pay now - If Dish doesn't offer what we want there's always the option to find a provider that does - that's the way it works.
None of us want higher prices & giving in without a fight every time a greedy channel wants more is ridiculous.

troutnc
Camera Crew

I'll tell you what I don't want more than high prices, not that Dish's prices are not too high - they already are.

What I don't want is a tv programming provider who is not reliable. One day your programming is there; the next day it's replaced with some lame excuse that xyz pulled their programming. With Dish, I've gone without local programming a while back, HBO since from several months ago, Fox Sports currently, and that's just the ones I remember. I know there were others. DISH is no longer a reliable source of tv programming. That's the bottom line. Since I left cable, I've only had DISH. I don't like what I know about DirectTV, except they seem to keep their programming instead of turning some of it off every few months like DISH does. I guess in the end bad service beats no service!