What happened to MeTV, channel 247?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What happened to MeTV, channel 247?

GregKnapp
Extra

When I go to the all channels station list it doesn't even apper there so this channel IS NOT avalpble no matter what programing pkg you have. Dish is flat lieing if they say that cahnnels is avalible to all markets. Some people are getting METV because it's avalible localy  

GregKnapp
Extra

Same problem here if you go to the all channels list in the guide it's not listed so it's not avalible in any pkg. 

DISH Employee

All customers with America's Top 120 and above should receive MeTV, channel 247, except for customers who receive MeTV as part of their locals. Use www.metv.com/wheretowatch to see where/how you can view the MeTV station.

snibbor1024
Extra

For whatever reason, channel 247 disappeared from the guide.  I found MEtv on Dish channel 66.  I am now getting MeTV out of a local station WJFD in Nashville.  This in south central Kentucky.

Plazyj95
Extra
why have you removed METV from our area! You continue to remove the quality shows but continue to charge astronomical fees for less service.

DISH Employee

Hi, Plazy95. If MeTV is available through your local channels, channel 247 wont be available. If you are having trouble locating your MeTV, I would be happy to investigate this with you. To access your account, please send a private message.

Here is a link to show you the steps on how to send a private message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Re: What happened to Mtv channel 247?

tm9078
Extra

I checked the METV site and they say it has something to do with the sun causing the outages

RtotheMc
Extra
If you don’t know what you’re talking about, don’t talk about it. Yesterday I had channel 247 as MeTV and today I do not. Nothing has changed on my end. I recorded the series Hogan’s Heroes and it’s been doing so for three weeks. The last episode that was recorded was on 12/3/19 on channel 247. Today that channel does not show up on my channel list. It’s not there and you can say it is til you’re blue in the face but it is not there. Nobody from Dish notified me that anything was going away and I have not been notified that my bill is being reduced as a result of this channel suddenly disappearing. My channels go from 246 to 249. 247 is gone.

DISH Employee

Hello there, RtotheMc! MeTV was recently on a free preview from 10/31/19-12/3/19. You will always have access to this channel if you subscribe to the America's Top 120 package or higher. I'd be happy to take a look into your account to make sure it is part of your lineup. Send us a private message with your phone number and 4-digit security code associated with your account. 

The steps to send a private message are: 

1. Select the envelope in the top right corner of the page (it will be next to your avatar).

2. Once on the 'Private Messages' page, select 'New Message'.

3. In the 'Send To' field, type in the name of the user you would like to send a private message to.  Once you start typing a name, suggestions will auto populate.

4.  Once you compose your message, select 'Send Message' at the bottom of the page.

Duke
Extra
I have the "Welcome Package" and it was included, now it's dissapeared!