WRCB Local Removed - Totally unhappy. Looking for another provider after being a loyal customer.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WRCB Local Removed - Totally unhappy. Looking for another provider after being a loyal customer.

Tonga12
Extra
I’ve recommended, defended Dish over the years. I was pleased w/my service but I’m not happy & not recommending to anyone after the removal of WRCB. Channel is offered free through WRCB in viewing area but Dish charges & wants more. Current bill just went up...again. Greed will destroy a company. I’m looking at other providers now. Starting by changing internet & phone. I don’t like changing- it’s a hassle but I work hard & I should be able to turn my TV on & watch my favorite channel/news w/out a hassle. Especially w/the price I already pay. I’ve almost had enough. My patience is running out. This is not fair. Greed is the devil.
1 Reply

Re: WRCB Local Removed - Totally unhappy. Looking for another provider after being a loyal customer

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It’s not Dish wanting more. It is the owner of your channel demanding more. Channels get paid by providers to rebroadcast their signal. Dish recently had a price increase due to all the channels increasing their rates. Actually, all providers did, Dish is the lowest. Even streaming companies such as Hulu just announced their $5-$8 increase. The locals are only free if you receive them OTA. You have that option to use an antenna, run it through your Dish receiver and drop the locals package. That way you will not be impacted by take downs and you’ll save $12 per month while still being able to record. Dish encourages that and is the only company to give that option, in addition to recommend to do that.