VOD GoT on demand failure "how to subscribe" message

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOD GoT on demand failure "how to subscribe" message

Started watching GoT the other night, watched the first few episodes just fine, but now, I get, instead of a "watch now" button, I get a description on the episode listing page of "Free on demand" but when an episode is selected, the message "How to Subscribe" is in place of a Watch now button.
Brand new hopper 3 and 4k joeys installed last week.
8 Replies

Re: VOD GoT on demand failure "how to subscribe" message

stile99
Cinematographer
The other night sounds like it was probably during the free HBO preview. That has now ended.

Re: VOD GoT on demand failure "how to subscribe" message

Moderator
Moderator
replicantargent wrote:
Started watching GoT the other night, watched the first few episodes just fine, but now, I get, instead of a "watch now" button, I get a description on the episode listing page of "Free on demand" but when an episode is selected, the message "How to Subscribe" is in place of a Watch now button.
Brand new hopper 3 and 4k joeys installed last week.


stile is correct. Do you have HBO on your account? The free preview has ended.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Re: VOD GoT on demand failure "how to subscribe" message

No, not on HBO but on the VOD section where it is still listed as a valid VOD choice, and under the "Free TV shows" section.
Yes, I was aware of the free preview weekend on the actual HBO channel listings, this is another offering, though, through the VOD feature. If a subscription to HBO is required for the VOD listing, the listing under VOD is misleading, as I see it. New system to me, with the Hopper 3, coming from a first gen hopper.

Re: VOD GoT on demand failure "how to subscribe" message

Moderator
Moderator
This is in the subscription based free VOD section. You will need to add HBO to view Game of Thrones
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Re: VOD GoT on demand failure "how to subscribe" message

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The complimentary VOD comes free with a subscription to HBO.

Re: VOD GoT on demand failure "how to subscribe" message

stxisbest
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
The complimentary VOD comes free with a subscription to HBO.


If he / she just got the system set up, shouldn't they have an automatic 3 months free of HBO and others therefore be able to watch it until the end of the free service?

Re: VOD GoT on demand failure "how to subscribe" message

Chadt41411
Casting Director
stxisbest wrote:
Chadt4141 wrote:
The complimentary VOD comes free with a subscription to HBO.


If he / she just got the system set up, shouldn't they have an automatic 3 months free of HBO and others therefore be able to watch it until the end of the free service?

There is nothing saying she is a new customer. Just that she got an H3 last week.

Re: VOD GoT on demand failure "how to subscribe" message

knealy
Character Actor
Here's a problem I have with the message: "how to subscribe." There is no indication of which channel I would need to subscribe to in order to watch the program. Why not indicate which channel? Are we supposed to search for the program in order to discover this? When you click on the how to subscribe it just brings you to a general page where you can subscribe to any channel. This is not helpful.