Univision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Univision

DISH Employee

monica1115, we would certainly hate to lose you as a loyal, valued customer. There is an option to add an Over-the-Air antenna to get Univision while negotiations are ongoing. I did respond to you private message, I will meet you back in the PM to review your account and see if adding an OTA would work for you. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
They still have the clause in their service agreement. This has no bearing on whether you’re in a commitment or not. They do to, reserve the right, to remove channels. No channel is guaranteed on any provider.

Johnsonfamilycr
Character Actor

Chadt4141,

You have the worst customer service skills I have seen. Rank right up there with the agent I talked to on the phone. I just read that a couple of communities in Texas are pushing the Texas Attorney General to take action against Dish for false advertising. I signed up with Dish and added on the Spanish channel package because my house is bilingual. I thoroughly researched on the internet what channels Dish provided and the site stated that you provided Univision. After finding out that Univision wasn't provided by the installer, I contacted customer service about the issue and even discussed canceling my service that was no more than a few hours established. What do I get was a customer service agent stating that I should have asked the sales agent on the phone if Univision was provided, even though the webpaged didn't state that Univision wasn't provided. Even when I provided the URL customer service agent kept stating that I should have asked the question when talking to the sales agent. Talk about poor customer service. I do think that there is some sort of shady marketing practices going on. I'm sure somebody from Dish will come back with a response that it's my fault as the customer which is not the greatest thing from a customer service standpoint. 

One issue I would like to point out is Dish keeps stating that they are doing what they are doing with Univision due to Univision wanting to charge 75% more for service and are just trying to look out for us as the consumer. Dish also states that other entities are relying on Dish to keep prices down. If that is the case, then why isn't there a block of cable and satellite providers banding together in some sort of cooperation in order to band together to keep prices down or complaining to the FCC or state commissions to implement some sort of regulation limiting what entities can charge to distribute thier shows etc?

For me this seems to be more about money and Dish trying to save money knowing that it would be hard to push on the costs to thier customers knowing that they would have a mass influx of customers to other providers. I find it hard to believe that Univision doesn't want to try and negotiate with Dish. It seems that both entities are stating that both parties keep stating that the other is at fault for this issue. Seems hard to believe that after 75 days there hasn't been some actual facts about what is happening besides that Univision wants a 75% increase and Dish doesn't want to pay for it. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
One very big point. Considering I am not employed by Dish, I honestly do not care what my customer service rating is. Now that we have that out of the way, people can petition the AG all they want. I just checked the Dish.com website, and Univision is not listed as a channel on Dish.

Ultimately, your contract and service agreement reads that no specific channel is guaranteed.

Here is a copy of it:

H. Changes in Services, Features and Functionalities Offered. We have the right to, without notice at any time and from time to time (including, without limitation, during any term commitment to which you have agreed), add, delete, rearrange, alter, change and/or eliminate: (i) any and all prices, fees and/or charges; and/or (ii) packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features and/or functionalities. In the event that we add, alter and/or change any prices, fees and/or charges, then you agree to pay such added, altered, and/or changed prices, fees and/or charges. In the event that we add, delete, rearrange, alter, change and/or eliminate any packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features and/or functionalities, then you acknowledge and agree that we have no obligation to replace or supplement such packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features or functionalities. You further acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to any credits, refunds, price reductions or any other form of compensation because of any such addition, deletion, rearrangement, alteration, change and/or elimination. You further acknowledge and agree that such additions, deletions, rearrangements, alterations, changes and/or eliminations are not a discretionary act by DISH if they are due, in whole or in part, to the termination, suspension or expiration of DISH’s legal right to provide such packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features or functionalities.

Mendoza6113
Extra

And it looks like soon will loose Univision Deportes; not having all those spanish channels you may have to change your Latino package to a different name so you don’t fool customers.

Mendoza6113
Extra

Monica1115, were you able to get out of the conctract, and how you did? I want to do the same.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Dropped channels are covered in the contract and service agreement. That means it is not a valid reason to cancel the contract without a fee.

Johnsonfamilycr
Character Actor

Mendoza6113,

Not sure how long you have been a Dish customer, but if you are able to prove that Dish decieved you when you signed up for service in regards to receiving Univision, then I would complain to your State Attorney General. I did this and was able to prove that Dish did deceive me by one copying the website that showed what channels I would be receiving when signing up for Dish and adding on the Spanish channels. On top of that, I explained my case to my state AG that when I called after installation because it was the installer that informed me that Univision wasn't part of the package that I dealt with a customer service agent that asked me if I specifically asked if Univision was included. I explained that if it is a requirement for the customer to ask if a specific channel is included, then at the same time it should be a requirement that the service company should inform potential customers that certain channels are included in the service. 

After seeing all of the issue with Dish, I'm glad I switched. It looks like Dish is going to become a doomed company if they don't seem to change their methods. I understand negotiating and working out deals with production companies, but to basically thrown in the towel when things don't go their way, then something is going to give. I'll be the first to admit that DirecTV provides a whole lot better service overall. I'm glad I switched back. Tired of dealing with companies that are only looking at the bottom line and not willing to budge knowing that it will cut into profits. This in my esitmation in the issue with the Univision saga, and now what seems to be the HBO saga.

Oh and by the way, Chad 1414 whatever he uses as on online alias, is actually a Dish employee. Why else do you think he/she is spouting off so much garbage that is agreement with Dish's perspective on the issue. It this or else he/she is a racist and wants all of those who want to watch Spanish televsion to leave Dish, which from what I hear is quite a lot. Looks like AT&T or other cable companies are benefitting from Dish's in ability to negotiate or willingness to accept a lesser net amount. If Dish is all about aiding the customer then why don't they take a little bit of a loss in order to provide the channels that their customer's desire the most?

Johnsonfamilycr
Character Actor

When a company deceived customers then yes that is a reason to cancel the contract. Research the internet and you will find various States Attorney Generals Offices looking into deceptive measured used by Dish to lure Spanish speaking customers to order service. 

And with Dish agents like you Chad4141, even though you claim not to be one, there is a lot of evidence to demonstrate that Dish is looking at a gloomy future unless the company can mend it's ways.

I understand contracts are contracts, but being deceptive to get someone in a contract is out right wrong.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
So because I know what is in the contract and agreement, I am an employee? Trust me when I say, there are quite a few memebers of this bird that can attest otherwise. That all said, usually it is not that one is right with the AG. It is just easier to give in to release them from the contract than deal with the AG. That is honestly where your misconception lies. Not a single specific channel is guaranteed on any provider. For instance, DTV has multiple locals down right now as well. DTV has Viacom down, the Weather Channel and many others. This isn’t something limited to Dish, and your thinking is very, very short sighted.