Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Top 250 channel pack has 7 of 8 channels of News Pack

LL88
Character Actor

Hello,

I am a recent new Dish customer and I have always been disappointed by one thing that I overlooked when I ordered Dish - BBC World News. When I compared with my Directv package to Dish, I thought I was getting the BBC World News not just BBC America, I swear I saw it in the 250 channel pack thats why I got it! But here I am 3 months later, contemplating on whether to pay $10 a month for 1 channel from the News Pack. You see I get 7 of the 8 channels already in my Top 250 that are offered in the News Pack, all but BBC World News. I find it extremely rediculous to pay $10 for one channel, it feels like a ploy to get more money.

I would like to know what the contract BBC World News requires from you (and even other cable/sattalite providers for that matter) to show thier news channel here in the US. It seems they want it to be almost like a stand alone option rather than be in any cable or sattalite packages now and I can't find any solid info on this online. I mean do I really have to pay $10 for one channel????

4 Replies

Another thought on Top 250 and News Pack

LL88
Character Actor

Hello,

I just posted a complaint on the News Pack and my Top 250 package which does not carry BBC World News. But I also wanted to say that if I am going to be charged $10 for the News Pack, of which I already get 7 of the 8 channels through my Top 250, it should at least be an HD channel?! I mean BBC World News is not offered in HD here in the US? $10 for 1 SD channel is overpriced in todays media. SD we all know is poor quality, maybe you should charge it as a stand alone channel for $3.99?!

Re: Top 250 channel pack has 7 of 8 channels of News Pack

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
To answer your last question first, yes, if you would like the channel. Channels are not a la carte and are contractually obligated to the packages they are in by the channel owner.

Contract details will never be available, as part of negotiations for the channels includes a confidentiality clause to protect both sides when it comes to negotiations with other channels.

Re: Another thought on Top 250 and News Pack

codynm
Audio Engineer

it is a HD channel on Dtv, and comcast.

Re: Another thought on Top 250 and News Pack

DISH Employee

Hello, thank you for taking time to post your feedback. We currently do not have BBC World News available in HD but I will put in a programming request to let our office know you'd like to see this added. This channel is currently only available in the News Pack add on which is $10. Our packages and channel availability is due to our contracts with the channel owners.