cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TV Programing

mack2163
Extra

Your Programing sucks. I don't want about 85 of this 120 channel package. How do I get channels I want? No Music. No Shopping Networks. No Religion channels. No cooking channels. I want movies or something besides these others. You have the same reruns we didn't watch the first time or some of the Stupidest shows we have never watched. 

23 Replies

Re: TV Programing

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
The shopping and religious channels are FTA, so will be included no matter what you get. It’s ok though, as you don’t pay a penny for them. They pay to be carried and subsidize your bill. Sounds like you should be looking at the Flex Plan. You get a small base package, and you add smaller mini packs if your choice to build up your package. A la carte doesn’t exist as the channel owners will not allow it to happen.

Dazed1
Audio Engineer
Agree, lost fox regionals too! Most stuff is reruns or stuff we just don’t watch.

DISH Employee

We are disappointed to see FOX Regional Sports Networks put our customers in the middle of its negotiations by choosing to remove their channels from DISH’s lineup. FOX Regional Sports Networks are asking for an unreasonable price increase, by asking subscribers to pay for channels that they may not receive.

We urge FOX Regional Sports Networks to work with us to reach a logical, long-term agreement for them, for us, but most importantly, for our mutual viewers.

Dazed1
Audio Engineer
Sorry, don’t want to hear it,, Dish has been dragging this out for months!
They are not putting us in the middle. Dish is. Tired of looking at dish promise page. If you all can’t get my channels back I will leave after 19 years

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
They said 4 months ago it was unlikely the channels return as it is Sinclair that has put you in the middle. Single digit percentage of customers want the channels, yet Sinclair wants to increase the price and force everyone to pay for the channels. Then Sinclair issued a threat, likely concerning the local channels they own, if Dish doesn’t agree to terms unfavorable to their base. Ps that is against the law. Which is why you haven’t seen Sinclair make too many more statements recently. Dish, keep fighting. We don’t care if the channels ever come back.

Dazed1
Audio Engineer
I as well as the majority are paying for channels we do not watch. Other providers still have regionals but yet dish dropped it and we are still paying for it. Dish stop fighting and negotiate and get it settled

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Considering you pay for a package sold as subject to change... what exactly does your bill tell you that you are paying for the Fox RSNs? That is an assumption on your part. You do not pay on a per channel basis. Other companies do have the Fox RSNs, however just like that situation, Dish has channels that other providers do not have. It is a very weak argument. You’re receiving everything you’re paying for, per your agreement. And again, Dish, please keep fighting and DO NOT bring Fox RSNs back... the silent majority will no longer be silent. Please do not cave to the loud minority that wants us to subsidize their EXPENSIVE sports channels. P.S. Dazed, cost of the channels is what separates the other channels.

Dazed1
Audio Engineer
As original post says. Your programming sucks. I would hope Dish is still trying to negotiate. Chad your arguement makes no sense Not going to give you satisfaction of getting the last word in. Won’t read this post again.

DISH Employee

We absolutely understand the frustration with your FOX Regional Sports channels, we are open to a fair agreement with the channel owner. We also want you to enjoy your channel package. You mentioned you weren't happy with your other channels, is there another channel missing from DISH you would like to see or be part of your subscription?