Streaming LHN from WatchESPN using Dish America's Top 200 Subscription

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Streaming LHN from WatchESPN using Dish America's Top 200 Subscription

DISH Employee

Hi, KMerder! We have received an update that is this not a DISH issue, but an issue with our third party authentication service. They are actively working on trying to resolved the error. We appreciate your patience!

Jnewkirk5
Extra
This is absolutely unacceptable There is no reason for this to take this long. It's obviously some backend issue that could have been corrected last year if anybody gave a crap. Just one of the many reasons for cord cutting. Big companies like Dish and DirecTV don't give a crap what their customers think. They are stuck in the mindset of still having a trapped customer base with little alternative.

MoeSyzslak
Extra

Same problem here as all those above.  Completely ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed yet.  I continue paying for Dish in the expectation that I won't have issues like this.

KMerder
Extra
Thank you. Do you have any updates on the progress?

DISH Employee

Hello there, our engineers were working to resolve this issue! They have sent out an fix for this concern. Are you able to now access the LHN on your ESPN app? 

Tracy
Camera Crew

Hi Jason,

I just tested on my Apple TV and iPhone using the WatchESPN app on each...and thrilled to report that it is finally working on both.  I also tested it on my personal computer and it is working at the WatchESPN site.

Thank you for resolving this issue.

Out of curiosity, what was the technical issue?

DISH Employee

Hello Tracy,

I am so happy to hear that LHN is now working on all your Smart Devices! That's certainly what we like to hear! 

While we don't know the exact cause as this fix was a collaborative effort between our Engineering team and ESPN's. It seemed that some of our members' profiles didn't have LHN as a subscribed channel even though they clearly did. 

Tracy
Camera Crew

Dish - it is happening again.  Not able to stream Longhorn Network on WatchESPN apps.

Please address immediately

DISH Employee

Good evening, Tracy. We are sad to hear you are having issues again. What is this new error message you are seeing? 

Tracy
Camera Crew

It says "You do not have a subscription to view the requested content.  To upgrade your programming go to mydish.com/programming and then log back in to view content."