Streaming LHN from WatchESPN using Dish America's Top 200 Subscription

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming LHN from WatchESPN using Dish America's Top 200 Subscription

Tracy
Camera Crew

Using my Dish account credentials to sign into ESPN, I am unable to stream the Longhorn Network (LHN) online at WatchESPN, on the ESPN app and inside the ESPN app on Apple TV, but all other ESPN channels work.  The LHN channel (407) works just fine on TVs that are connected to my receivers though.  My programming package is America's Top 200, which does include the LHN.  The error message I receive says "You do not have a subscription to view the requested content.  To upgrade your programming go to mydish.com/programming and then log back in to view content."  Has anyone experienced a similar situation?  

40 Replies

Re: Streaming LHN from WatchESPN using Dish America's Top 200 Subscription

DISH Employee

Hi Tracy! You can go to espn.go.com/longhornnetwork to watch the channel Live or on WatchESPN App.  Using your myDISH.com credentials, are you seeing the same trouble logging in to any of the DISH sites? 

Tracy
Camera Crew

Hi Carina - thanks for the reply.

I have tried both ways you mention and that is when I am getting the error message....but only for the Longhorn Network (LHN).  

ESPNU works.  ESPN SEC Network works.  ESPN2 works.  ESPN3 works.

DISH Employee

Got it. Well, luckily, you would still be able to watch any On Demand content from the Longhorn Network through our DISH Anywhere either through the app or the website. 

I would be happy to go ahead and pass this issue along to our technical operations team so that they can take a look at it. Can you go ahead and send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN? 

I would get with LongHorn Network and ESPN since it is their site to make sure that there isn't a bug of any sorts to login. 

JBarger
Extra

I’m having this exact issue. Was there a solution found?

Tracy
Camera Crew

Not at all.  Have gone back and forth with Customer Service, who seems to be intersted in helping, but they have not been able to pinpoint the issue

DISH Employee

We have not been able to recreate the issue on our end. Have you tried to contact the ESPN app support for further troubleshooting steps? 

I have the same issue. I can access all channels on the ESPN app except LHN. I have contacted dish twice and ESPN twice and they both blame the other with no solution offered.

Tracy
Camera Crew

no, I have not contacted them.  Have been told that Dish support has escalated to their engineers who are contacting ESPN.  But I'll try that in parallel.

misirlou
Extra
Same here. Frustrated since this worked just a few months ago. Probably was before the summer when I recall this working. I'm away from home this weekend, and the ESPN app is more reliable and better quality than trying to stream from my Dish receiver.