cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Stop holding us hostage

chiguy
Camera Crew
Stop holding us hostage dish. This has gone far enough. First you get into it with WGN. Then HBO, which you arent even trying to get back on the air. And now BIG10 channel and fox sports gone and then I tune in today to learn NBC sports is gone too. So no bulls or blackhawks or any big ten team on the BIG10 network. I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years and this is getting ridiculous. Get these channels on by Friday October 4 when the puck drops for the blackhawks and saturday when I want to watch the big10 or else I will be cancelling my service. I've completly had it and Im not going to be held hostage anymore. You are not the only player in the game anymore and we now have way more options. Ive been holding out but this is the last straw. Dish doesnt care about their customers anymore and its very sad. They still think people are going to pay for getting little in return. Well think again. If these channels are not back in by friday im pulling the plug on dish like they did in the channels I want to watch.
17 Replies

Re: Stop holding us hostage

HDH
Character Actor

NBCSN is still on. Ch. 159. Oh, wait. I think you mean NBC Sports Chicago (?). That appears to have vanished. I share your frustration regarding NBA/NHL.

Kardmon
Extra

I agree 100%. Dish is dishing out BS

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
If you can cancel, wouldn’t that be the definition of not being held hostage? You’re free to go... anyone can cancel at anytime, including those in a term commitment. They just must first follow through with their portion of the agreement if they leave early, which would be a termination fee. No hostage holding.

RodeoBrando
Character Actor

It has gotten ridiculous, everyone I know that has Dish is about on their last straw as well

Agree 100%. We have been a customer for over 15 years. This is a cycle for Dish when they get greedy. 

Cancelling Fox during Football season is criminal. And Dish knows what they are doing. They want to get their subscribers riled up so they will complain to Fox. Dish always picks fights when they think they have the best leverage. Everyone needs to cancel their service and find another provider.

Sherry
Camera Crew

Yes agree!  Why don't we all unite and drop Dish?  Because if we do we have to pay an early termination fee!  Why do we keep allowing Dish to hold us all hostage and practice unfair negotiation's?

Scubadentist
Character Actor
Yep..... I’m sick of the petulant behavior by Dish. Dish network here I come.... I’ve never heard of issues with their service, even though it’s a bit pricier the aggravation Dish routinely creates by its negotiation tactics with its customers as hostages negates any loyalty that has ever existed.... they had an issue with their dish anywhere app last Sunday and I spent over one hour on hold to be told in about ten seconds that there was nothing they could do about it not working.... the app needing maintenance due to a software issue is one thing, but the time spent on hold is absolutely reprehensible.....no Fox, no nbc sports, no Cubs channel( though I am a Sox fan..) .... I’m gone if this isn’t resolved very soon....

chiguy
Camera Crew
Friendly remind dish you have less than 2 days to get these deal done or you've lost loyal customer for life. Get these channels back now!

brentgood
Extra

I just came back to Dish from Direct. Fox and Direct just went through the same issue. It will happen no matter what service you go to. I have had similiar issues with Cox cable as well. Direct had the Fox channels off for over 2 months. Dish did not pull the channels, Fox did. If you read about the problems, Fox is demanding a major increase from all of its providers and they are pushing back. Fox isn't the power house it used to be and they are demanding increases like they are.

Just my opinion and expriences.