St. Louis Cardinals Games in Hot Springs, AR

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

St. Louis Cardinals Games in Hot Springs, AR

angryyew
Character Actor
When I check my program guide on the hopper for the 2/25 St. Louis Cardinals vs. Miami Marlins spring training game on Fox Sports Midwest, it tells me the game is not available in my area. When I check your game finder website, it does not show this game as being blacked out on FSMW, only on FSFL.

I was able to watch all of the Cardinals games on FSMW when I had DirecTV at this same address, and I can't think of any reason these should be blacked out in my area, so I'm confused why the program guide is telling me I can't watch the game.

I am subscribed to the Multi Sports Pack. My zip code is 71901.
4 Replies

Re: St. Louis Cardinals Games in Hot Springs, AR

FSMW is not your regional team as this would be the Texas Rangers. The majority of professional sports will be blacked out, even with the Multi sport pack, to out-of-market subscribers. You would need MLB Extra Innings
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

angryyew
Character Actor
That makes no sense.

Via mlb.com

The following Club(s) is within the searched home television territory, and is subject to MLB.TV blackouts in the U.S. for all live regular season games:
Texas Rangers
St. Louis Cardinals
Houston Astros

Approximate Zip Code: 71901

The cardinals own website lists Arkansas as an area that receives cardinals games via Fsmw & your own game finder site says the game should not be blacked out here.

The Rangers is the team I would be able to watch on the one regional network that I get without multi-sport, but since the Cardinals are in my home TV territory, they would be blacked out if I tried to purchase Extra Innings to watch them and as I've already said I was able to watch the games when I had Direct TV, so I see no reason Dish should be stopping me from watching them.

Would never have switched to dish if I thought this would be an issue.

angryyew
Character Actor
FWIW, after a frustrating day of getting different answers from different people, the issue appears to be resolved (knock on wood.)

The games are now showing available and allow me to set up a recording, so unless I tune in tomorrow and it's not working again, I reckon all is well that ends well.

However, it would be nice if all of the reps at Dish were a bit more knowledgeable. I realize MLB blackout rules are convoluted and draconian, but it's kind of y'alls business to know how they work, considering you are selling people access to their games.

Anyway, props to the one person I spoke to on the phone who seemed to know what she was talking about, because without her, I'd probably be an ex-customer right now, after being told what appears to have been completely incorrect information by the chat rep I spoke to.

shabadoo25
Camera Crew
Can you please explain a little further what you did for this issue?

I am new to Dish from another satellite company and all of the spring training games on the regional sports nets are blacked out (I am near Orlando, FL). My previous provider did not black any of these games out except for the Rays during the regular season.