Self-congratulatory greed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-congratulatory greed

Shelterdogg
Extra

How proud you are of yourselves for putting Fox Sports back on after we paid for it and you failed to keep it. When are you (and Fox) going to put your customers first, instead of your own greed?  I switched from DirecTV to Dish because they wouldn't include other sports channels. Dish assured me they were better. Alas, not so.  Just $$$. 

5 Replies

Re: Self-congratulatory greed

Dpro40
Audio Engineer

Yea, still does return Regional Fox Sports. I'm still missing Fox Sports Midwest. I think they are owned by Sinclair Corporation. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
More proof nobody is ever satisfied.

Beezzee
Extra
What about NBCSC, still can't watch Blackhawks!

wiesshund
Audio Engineer

@Shelterdogg wrote:

How proud you are of yourselves for putting Fox Sports back on after we paid for it and you failed to keep it. When are you (and Fox) going to put your customers first, instead of your own greed?  I switched from DirecTV to Dish because they wouldn't include other sports channels. Dish assured me they were better. Alas, not so.  Just $$$. 

I dont think they exactly chose to not have FOX

FOX said, you dish, time to renew, we want $$$$$
Dish said, uh guys we cant do $$$$$, our customers pay $$$$
FOX said nope, want $$$$$
Dish probably said, umm wtf guys? we cant raise everyones bill 12 bucks, that's wack.
And so a stalemate was reached
and FOX said you no can broadcast our stuff, and so dish had no choice but to NOT rebroadcast FOX content
until something could be worked out.

So Dish choices at the time were
Pay FOX $$$$$ and pass the increase directly to you (you meaning ALL customers even those who dont watch FOX)
Or pull FOX until an agreement was reached.

Dish could not just continue running FOX feeds, if they even could and did so, FOX would sue them for $$$$$$$ and win.

You should probably be asking FOX what gives, maybe?
Yes, you paid for it, and FOX said Dont care, not enough, want more, give more please

It's kind of like when everyone got pissed about HBO and yelled at Dish.
AT&T owns HBO, AT&T also owns DirecTV, AT&T also unfortunately owns a lot of other things.
AT&T does not like Dish very much and would prefer they go bankrupt so they can snatch it all up for pennies on the dollar.

Should have yelled at the FCC as ask what gives? where are your teeth, why did you guys allow all the buys outs and mergers and hand these guys the biggest club on the playfield?

AT&T would be quite happy to be the only media choice on the planet

Highlighted

baldman1
Visual Engineer

@Dpro40 wrote:

Yea, still does return Regional Fox Sports. I'm still missing Fox Sports Midwest. I think they are owned by Sinclair Corporation. 

And I'm sure they are trying to get a good contract out of Sinclair.