cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Italian MEDIASET channels

crane54
Extra
To Whom It May Concern:
I recently switched to DISH TV in order to receive Italian channels. A friend/neighbor had informed me that one of the Italian channels you carried was MEDIASET, which is the channel I'm most interested in. To my surprise, I found out that you are no longer carrying MEDIASET, but instead you are carrying TV 2000 ITALIA which is of no interest to me. I would appreciate being informed if DISH has ant intention of offering MEDIASET again. The monthly fee for the Italian programming, considering what you offer, is not worth it. As one of the many Italians living in the United States, MEDIASET is the one channel that provides us with the most current up to date, varied, and informative programming. Looking forward to your answer as to when you will reinstate the MEDIASET channel. Sincerely Al Martin
Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: Restoring Italian MEDIASET channels

DISH Employee
Thank you for reaching out to us with this channel request. We here at DISH are always looking for was to improve the customer experience. At this time we are not sure when or if we will be adding this channel back to our lineup. I would be happy to submit the programming request. You can also leave feedback with our Executive team about this channel at: https://www.mydish.com/spokeslistener.

emildev5
Extra
I would also like to inquire about the future status of Mediaset Italia. This channel was the primary reason I subscribed to the Panorama Italian package. To have it suddenly pulled from programming without any notice is not acceptable to me. A DISH rep I spoke to on the phone told me that the decision to drop Mediaset was due to lack of customer demand. This forum post clearly shows that you have multiple subscribers who want to watch Mediaset and are unhappy about your programming decision.

Please provide an update on any future plans to restore this channel. If I don't get a satisfactory response then I will have to start shopping around for another provider soon.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
emildev5 wrote:
I would also like to inquire about the future status of Mediaset Italia. This channel was the primary reason I subscribed to the Panorama Italian package. To have it suddenly pulled from programming without any notice is not acceptable to me. A DISH rep I spoke to on the phone told me that the decision to drop Mediaset was due to lack of customer demand. This forum post clearly shows that you have multiple subscribers who want to watch Mediaset and are unhappy about your programming decision.

Please provide an update on any future plans to restore this channel. If I don't get a satisfactory response then I will have to start shopping around for another provider soon.

This forum post, with 2 people?

crodrules
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
emildev5 wrote:

This forum post, with 2 people?

Here is one more. :) https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=21924

Italy99
Extra
There at least 25 people in my family that are dish customers that are disappointed with dish pulling mediaset. The kicker is that most of us are locked to contracts and have to pay a early termination fee to switch over to cable that has the Mediaset Channel. As soon as my contract is up I will be switching back to cable. You could of charged us a little more an kept the channel, because the main reason for being with dish was to get the both the Mediaset and rai programming.