Regarding receipt ABC outage situation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding receipt ABC outage situation

Gmcsweeney
Extra
My situation is such that ABC was out since the end of September. Towards the end of November it was restored. I'm trying to view my favorite show Designated Survivor. Attempting to catch up on the episodes I missed. That said on my receiver there is an area where you can view past episodes through a streaming process. That said I was able to view season 2 episode 1 which was recorded on my dvr. I found episodes 2 and 3 missing was able to view episodes 4 through present 9.

I think my question is probably out of the norm but can all episodes be restored for like a week or so?
Tags (3)
7 Replies

Re: Regarding receipt ABC outage situation

Chadt41411
Casting Director

What's available on demand is what is given by the channel owner.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
ABC.com has most of their Primetime programming available to stream online.
Season 2 of Designated Survivor can be watched there if you verify with your Dish account (since it's not available through Dish On Demand).

Gmcsweeney
Extra
I was just hoping to watch on my tv (old school kind) thanks.

hddn
Visual Engineer
There are quite a few ways to get Internet streams on your TV. HDMI out of a laptop, casting, Smart TVs, and Roku or similar, and probably more. The basic Roku is $25 at Amazon. Just some options.

crodrules
Costume Designer
Gmcsweeney wrote:
My situation is such that ABC was out since the end of September. Towards the end of November it was restored. I'm trying to view my favorite show Designated Survivor. Attempting to catch up on the episodes I missed. That said on my receiver there is an area where you can view past episodes through a streaming process. That said I was able to view season 2 episode 1 which was recorded on my dvr. I found episodes 2 and 3 missing was able to view episodes 4 through present 9.

I think my question is probably out of the norm but can all episodes be restored for like a week or so?

Have you looked under Apps? There is an app labeled "More Video Services" which is basically a Disney app, including ABC. Entire seasons are usually available there, even if not all of the episodes are available through the regular On Demand listings.

kevlar
Camera Crew

Don't be fooled by DISH. I have had DISH for years both at my girlfriend's house and mine. DISH is the ONLY TV provider where these disputes happen on a REGULAR basis which results in us losing our local channel(s). Look it up.

Dogs21
Extra
I think it is wrong for the major networks to charge for using their signal, the companies that advertise on the networks pay for that privilege , it's not fair to pay for something that is free with antenna. I can't live stream because I don't live close enough to local signal. Two other providers are still able to broadcast abc, why not dish