Programming offered

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming offered

kumar2368
Extra
I am writing re: programming offered by Dish in the most basic sense of the word "programming" and policy. I have been a Dish customer since June of 2009... more than 8 years. I have purchased the highest level to the basic packages (which I have had now for the last 4-5 years) and one or two of the packages in between. I have been a loyal customer and have been amazed at what Dish has over the years gotten away with at the level of its basic package. I have watched the quality of its programming at this level shrink -- even when I thought it could not get any lower! An example of this is that at particular times, out of the 8 to 10 channels I consistently watch, either Walker Texas Ranger is offered: simultaneous; or Little House on the Prairie, or The Waltons!!!. Come on. I know this is a family channel but not everyone who choses this package IS a family, nor, just because we MIGHT happen to watch ANY of those programs, are we Fox News adherents, and political conservatives!!! Dishe's marketing and satellite-generated surveys of viewer preferences ignore the retired people with interests that go way beyond our fixed incomes and, in short, ignore our broad range of interests. Does anyone else out there feel the same?!

I.M. Disgusted
6 Replies

Re: Programming offered

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Dish has no control over what each channel chooses to air. The rebroadcast the signal as sent. The programming will be the same on every provider, you'd want to contact the channel owners with your complaint. Dish simply offers the platform to receive the channel.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
I sent an email to GRIT asking them when they would be officially changing their name to 'The Walker Texas Ranger channel'
And I sent an email to GET asking them that since they are SONY with thousands of movies, why do they keep showing the same dozen movies week after week.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
d4g4m wrote:
I sent an email to GRIT asking them when they would be officially changing their name to 'The Walker Texas Ranger channel'
And I sent an email to GET asking them that since they are SONY with thousands of movies, why do they keep showing the same dozen movies week after week.

You get a response?

hddn
Visual Engineer
I've been a Dish customer for about 17 years and as far as I can recall, I have never come across any of the programs you mentioned. Since you say that there are 8-10 channels, you consistently watch, maybe you should branch out? Surely the Sci Fi channel isn't constantly showing The Waltons? You might also consider a DVR. With a DVR you aren't constrained to what's on at a particular time and don't have to watch commercials unless you want to. Then again, if the channels you choose show stuff you don’t like AND show commercials you don't like, maybe that's just another reason to try some other channels??

crodrules
Costume Designer
kumar2368 wrote:
I am writing re: programming offered by Dish in the most basic sense of the word "programming" and policy. I have been a Dish customer since June of 2009... more than 8 years. I have purchased the highest level to the basic packages (which I have had now for the last 4-5 years) and one or two of the packages in between. I have been a loyal customer and have been amazed at what Dish has over the years gotten away with at the level of its basic package. I have watched the quality of its programming at this level shrink -- even when I thought it could not get any lower! An example of this is that at particular times, out of the 8 to 10 channels I consistently watch, either Walker Texas Ranger is offered: simultaneous; or Little House on the Prairie, or The Waltons!!!. Come on. [b:65szuozl]I know this is a family channel but not everyone who choses this package IS a family, nor, just because we MIGHT happen to watch ANY of those programs, are we Fox News adherents, and political conservatives!!![/b:65szuozl] Dishe's marketing and satellite-generated surveys of viewer preferences ignore the retired people with interests that go way beyond our fixed incomes and, in short, ignore our broad range of interests. Does anyone else out there feel the same?!

I.M. Disgusted

Based on this, I assume you have Smart Pack. Have you tried Welcome Pack? In my opinion, Welcome Pack has a better variety of channels than Smart Pack, and it is much cheaper. (Welcome Pack is only $19.99 per month.) The news channel included in Welcome Pack is MSNBC, which may align better with your political views than the Fox News you currently get.

mmmargolies
Character Actor
I'm not sure where to post this request. We watch the BYUTV channel and it continues to improve on its programing including the new series Extinct. A new Sci-Fi show. BYUTV broadcasts in HD to Dish but Dish downgrades it to SD.

How can I request Dish to turn on the HD that BYUTV is broadcasting to them in the first place?