PLEASE FIX THE NEW PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kevin_SWMI
Extra
Very recently the descriptions of shows added content like "In this gripping tale of adventure...".
I don't care for nor need this kind of espousing.
If they persist, I'll want to have multipage or scrolling of the description text.
As is, the opinion takes over half the text area, so I can't see what the show is really about.
23 Replies

Re: Opinions in program description ??

JSracer
Audio Engineer
Could be worse, read EPG Info data problems
https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=20693

stile99
Cinematographer
Kevin_SWMI wrote:
Very recently the descriptions of shows added content like "In this gripping tale of adventure...".
I don't care for nor need this kind of espousing.
If they persist, I'll want to have multipage or scrolling of the description text.
As is, the opinion takes over half the text area, so I can't see what the show is really about.

Whomever has the job to write this stuff checked out YEARS ago. For awhile, the description for Ghostbusters 2 said something along the lines of "Now they are fighting magic slime in New York".

JSracer
Audio Engineer
Lol

Kevin_SWMI certainly hit the nail on the head. "Dazzling tour de forces by Best Actress nominee..." , "In this thrilling and hilarious reboot..." These so-called movie/show descriptions do not provide an adequate synopsis and are rarely concluded within the character field provided. It would sure be nice to go back to the previous synopsis provider which remained concise while allowing me to decide for myself what was "hilarious" and "gripping".

Karan
Camera Crew
The descriptions are coming from rottentomatoes.com. Normally they get the descriptions from gracenote/zap2it but they seem to not realize the error hopefully it will get fixed SOON

OhReheheally
Extra
I don't like it, & I suspect more people would say so if Dish didn't make it so hard to leave feedback!
Dear Dish: Please fix the program descriptions!!! The new pomp added to the beginning cuts off the ONLY part we need that says what the program is actually about! Why do they suddenly read like DVD descriptions or they're up for an award? The one I'm currently looking at for The Departed reads: "Martin Scorsese won a long-awaited Best Director Oscar for this crime epic, about an undercover cop who infiltrated a Boston mob crew that.....". That WHAT?! They're almost ALL like this now!

OhReheheally
Extra
Please fix the program descriptions!!! The ridiculous new pomp added to the beginning of the program description cuts off the ONLY part we actually need - the portion that says what the program is actually about! Why do they suddenly read like DVD descriptions or they're up for an award? The one I'm currently looking at for The Departed reads: "Martin Scorsese won a long-awaited Best Director Oscar for this crime epic, about an undercover cop who infiltrated a Boston mob crew that.....". That WHAT?! Don't leave me hangin'! They're almost ALL like this now! At first I thought someone was having work issues because for a week or so they went from concise information to silly, short one liners, but since this started around the beginning of award nomination talk, I'm guessing it's more than a disgruntled or brown nosing employee. At at rate, since we pay a ridiculous amount (well over $100) for not much above basic monthly service, we'd appreciate it being rectified post haste. Please and thank you!

Re: PLEASE FIX THE NEW PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONS

Karan
Camera Crew
Exactly, like what happened to gracenote DISH? they provided us with the most accurate tv descriptions in the world

Re: PLEASE FIX THE NEW PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONS

Karan
Camera Crew
And why are some TV-MA programs listed as a PG rating (Homeland,Legion,Baskets)