PBS (channel 65) was recently droped from my user list. Dish says it's no longer available.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PBS (channel 65) was recently droped from my user list. Dish says it's no longer available.

Longbow
Extra

3 Replies

Re: PBS (channel 65) was recently droped from my user list. Dish says it's no longer available.

Longbow
Extra

More information...  I contacted Dish and was advised that they remove channels when they are renewing or modifying contracts.  The attendant researched and found that PBS was not removed for contract reasons but just droped.  He could not furnish a reason.  Does anybody else have a problem with Dish droping this channel?  What's going on?  With all the "trash" channels they offer, why would they remove one of the few channels worth watching?

Re: PBS (channel 65) was recently droped from my user list. Dish says it's no longer available.

tommyy2
Cinematographer

"PBS was not removed for contract reasons but just droped"

I really have a hard time understanding this happening.

So did Dish drop PBS because someone in Dish does not like PBS and decided because of that no one shoud see it?

It's a very competetive evirnoment out there and there is no room for a player who does that.

So can someione explain why Dish did this....come on Dish people let us know.

DISH Employee

Hey Longbow! At this time, the PBS station for Dothan, Al is not being aired nationwide. I will go ahead and pass your feedback about this. 

If there is anything that we can do, feel free to reach out.