Did you mean: 

Re: PBS Channel 915?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
That post is 11 years old.

66ragger
Extra

I too would be delighted to send a PM to Dish. I can see your directions Pam or Kevin but have no way to see the message email address. Thank you. 

Where does one find the receptions name?

wrote:

To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  7. Click Send Message.

I-am-a-robot
Camera Crew

You won't see the persons email address. That is in you own account detail so things can be sent back and forth to you, but indirectly. That is how the private messenger works. It works with you username and then converts to an email address behind the scenes. 

The trick they don't tell you in step 4, is that you have to start typing in the users name. Do it slowly and in two or three letters, you should see a user name or names, pop up. Click on the one you want. If you put in the whole name quickly or try copy/pasting, it doesn't seem to  work. 

That said, I have found that sometimes these things on websites, work a bit differently if you are using a mobile device or even with different browsers on a PC. I use a PC with Chrome and it may behave differently in other cases. You can send one to yourself if you want to experiment with it.  I'm guessing that will solve your problem. It did for me. Took a while to figure it out though. 

Ardmair
Extra

I want 915 back too!

I receive local PBS stations fro Austin & San Antonio and for the last 20 years channel 915 too, I need them  all. Please put 915 back!

Ardmair
Extra

I was a frequent viewer of 915 as it DID have different programming than
that of my other PBS stations, especially during 'pledge drives' and at
week-ends. This difffernce was a boon & blessing for us and our handicapped
kid, who operates on a 4-5 year old level despite being 24! Smiley Happy.
He gets very animated when his programmes are disturbed and 915 enabled us
to keep  things on an even keel at the week-end.

Mike Potts (Ardmair)

bcline27
Extra

I too have lost my PBS National feed; which I've had for as long as I can remember.  The PBS National feed constitutes 75% of my DIshnetwork viewing time and the local KVIE Sacramento PBS station IS NOT a substitute.  The local channel does not broadcast anywhere near the same mix of programs that the National feed does.  The majority of what KVIE broadcasts are the same specials over and over again  so they can solicit money. It is a poor excuse for a PBS station.

Someone at Dishnetwork decided to eliminate the National feed without any thought to the loyal viewership of that channel.  I never minded paying the additional fee for the PBS National feed. I do mind paying for 90% of the channels that I have to pay for just so I can get TCM, the other 25% of my viewing time.

The loss of the PBS National feed really pisses me off. Can anything be done to get it back? OR do I have to start looking for another solution for my TV viewing?

I-am-a-robot
Camera Crew

Thanks for adding your input to this. I haven't given up and I'm stil pursuing a few different approaches to this. It's been a while sonce I received anything official. 

At last report, Dish said PBS elminated it, but PBS says that's not accurate. Dish still owes me  a reply from the President's office. Still haven't goot anything. PBS national said they were refer my communications to my local station. My local still hasn't answered. I like others on this thread, were grandfathered some time ago. So PBS, in theory, can not deny my access to the feed. This doesn't mean that Dish can't make a business decision, but that's not what they told customers. 

I would suggest that you both call and write Dish Customer service via emai. Make notes of your calls and save your correspndence. Someone here reported that Dish and PBS were "negotiating",  but I have not been able to confirm this at all. Complain formally. This is a community "users" forum and I suspect it counts for very little, if anything. Urge any others you no with the same issue to do similarly. If enough angry customers file complaints, maybe they will do something. If we just shut up and take it, we've lost. 

It's been a while, so I will be "probing" again for a straight answer. Complain, complain and complain some more. It seems most people who were impacted by this and posted here, are pretty upset about this.  I like Dish and like their equipment, but this borders on a "deal breaker" to me and I am pursuing alternatives. 

66ragger
Extra
We continually attempt to reach Dish or PBS. The standard replies are “negotiations” or “not is, them”.
It would suggest that neither dish nor pbs give a hoot about customers or supporters. Again we will call and write the presidents offices. My shoes are already wet. It’s not raining. Time to diss the Dish.