cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No longer HBO/CINEMAX

lockettjeean
Extra
Think of going firestick....dont care if it's a day late.
Or just going back to AT&T this is ridiculous. 🤔🤔🤔maybe just give it all up..life too short for this crap
14 Replies

Re: No longer HBO/CINEMAX

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
If you have the option to stream, even if it is limited, why haven’t you done HBO Now? It’s the same price as it was on Dish. $15/month.

Eugie
Extra

Dish's lack of communication & response to losing HBO/CineMax is wholly unacceptable!  It's nearly impossible to contact these folks.  I've tried & tried to leave FB but their "We Love to Get Feedbak" button is turned off/broken.  I guess they don't know how to deal with the issue?  

Cable pricing is already through the roof & they manage to loose of the most popular packages on any cable listings lineup.  I cannot abide by ATT nor Comcast.  So, quite seriously, I'm considering becoming a cable cord cutter.  Apparently, loosing business is the only feedback that they truly understand.

Oh, and BTW -- I'm very tired of subsidizing ESPN & other channels that I never watch.

DISH Employee

Hello Eugie. I know this dispute with HBO has been going on for a while which has caused frustration to our a lot of members. We are still actively negotiating and are open to a fair deal for the restoration of HBO. Once an agreement is reached, HBO’s channels will be restored and available immediately. While we're not sure when we will reach an agreement, you can go to DISHPromise.com for up-to-date information about our negotiations. 

I will pass along your feedback, and you should be able to leave your own on DISH Promise too. Keep in mind, that these will be a pop-up window, so if you are using a pop-up blocker this could be causing it to appear like it's not working. By disabling it and then clicking it should do the trick.

nelsontoddpa
Character Actor

I was an early convert to Dish (1996, I believe), and haven't regretted it.....Although I do appreciate that Dish is standing up agains some inequities, I'm getting pretty frustrated at not having HBO/Showtime. I think we've all been as patient as possible for Dish and HBO to come to an agreement, but I know my patience is waning. I've held off subscribing to HBO as a stand alone service mostly out of loyalty and the fact that I don't want to go through my chromecast multiple times a day.

BUT---

I've been logging which channels and shows that I routinely watch and am currently looking at the multitude of streaming services that are available--so far HULU with live TV looks like it would fit my bill quite nicely, and looks like it may cut my TV service bill by about 30%.

I'm glad to see that there are Dish employees monitoring these feeds.  I just hope 'they' get the customer comments to the people that can do something about this. It's entirely possible that Dish may be overplaying their hand, and are about to lose, in me, a long time, loyal customer.

borntoflyjet
Extra

because that would require AppleTV or Roku or some other streaming.  The convenience of having HBO part of Dish is huge

borntoflyjet
Extra

That video on Dish promise website does not work!

DISH Employee

nelsontoddpa, we appreciate you allowing us to be a part of your home for so many years! I completely understand how much this is impacting you and your family and I will be most happy to forward this feedback to our Executive Team. We appreciate your patience while we work on reaching an agreement. Currently, we are in negotiations with HBO and Cinemax; however, you should still have access to Showtime. If you are seeing any messages on that channel, please let us know. 

borntoflyjet, have you tried to use another browser or cleared your cookies & cache? 

Annette
Extra
AT & T Now own Direct tv (a dish competitor) and Also owns HBO. AT & T is screwing with Dish. This is anti trust all the way and AT&T merger with direct t. Is being appealed as an snti-trust issue which they gave laid bare for all to see just how it works. These mega Coro will be doing the same with the internet now that net neutrality was gutted thanks to their lobbyists. Get informed to what’s going on and why and realize that these mergers only benefit those at the top, no one else!

Lance
Extra

Oh, this merger benefits a lot of people:  The Judges that accepted the briges from AT&T, The FCC that got those kick-backs.  The Lawyers that put together the Lie-Reports that stated the impact on the public would be insignificant.

This should be broken up like AT&T was back in the day for Monopolistic practices.  And since this is AT&T's second time of breaking the Monopoly Laws of our country, it should be disbanded entirely.  And the business leaders fined in the amout of their last 5 year's earning (their true earning, not what they report).

This is just my opinion and I have no facts that bribes were accepted but it seems strange that an obvious trust violation should have been judged legal.