No NFC Championship Game in Tucson ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No NFC Championship Game in Tucson ?

w1ksz
Camera Crew
Channel 11 in Tucson, that would carry the NFC Championship Game has gone dark !!!

That should produce a raft of very PO'ed Dish customers.

What happened, another Rate Peeing Contest ??

Richard S.
8 Replies

Re: No NFC Championship Game in Tucson ?

DISH Employee
There is currently a known outage in the Tucson area that we're working to get resolved. This is not related to any negotiations.

w1ksz
Camera Crew
The local PBS station is on, so is KGUN ...

Sounds like a "Selective" blackout !!

Richard S.

DISH Employee
The current channels affected at KOLD, KMSB, and KTTU. This is not a blackout, nor does it have anything to do with negotiations, Richard. These outages typically happen when there is an issue with the uplink center that broadcasts the locals to your area.

w1ksz
Camera Crew
You can add KVOA to the list.

Can you explain why the KUAT and KGUN are still on the air ??

Doesn't seem to affect those two.

Richard S.

hddn
Visual Engineer
I don't know if the CSRs have specific details, but the probable explanation for why some work is that they are going through a different collection of gizmos to get uplinked to Dish.

w1ksz
Camera Crew
Academic now, they came back on. Glad I could watch on my computer, even if a delayed broadcast.

rs

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The transmitter on one of the towers was down, and affected more than Dish. DTV, and OTA were also affected. I believe I read it was three channels.

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
Local reports indicate the problem was caused by a power issue at the transmitter site used by several channels. The problem was further aggravated by a failed backup generator and the several hours needed to access the remote location by repair crews.