NHL CENTER ICE

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHL CENTER ICE

djknotts878
Extra
Last year I was able to watch the home feed of the Pittsburgh Penguins unless of course t was blacked out. This year I'm not able to . It doesn't even list a home feed on the programming guide. WHY? I paid a lot of money to be able to watch the home feed now it's taken away. Please explain this.
Tags (3)
3 Replies

Re: NHL CENTER ICE

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
The NHL controls what games are available on Center Ice, not Dish. Or it could be that ATTSN blocks competitor Dish from receiving the feeds.

Pensfan
Extra

Not so. I too was confounded when Dish stopped offering the full NHL Center Ice package this year.

I spoke to representative after representative each of whom spoke the holy dictum Blackout, it is from on high. Nonsense, buying NHL Center Ice fromDish also allows you access to NHL.tv through the nhl.com website. When you are asked for a login, notice (on my IPad app anyway) at the bottom is a path “I bought NHL... thru my Service Provider” or something like that. Dish is a recognized provider

and will appear if you get to the list of providers that NHL C... deals with. You’ll be asked to supply your Dish login and password and you will have access to all past (two years) and future games.

When you are on NHL.com you see Both teams feeds appear. There should always be two feeds for games between two U.S. teams, always. And you’ll get them at NHL.com. A true blackout will not allow you to see Video at all. Is the NHL really allowing one city’s feed, but blacking out the other’s?

I dug into NHL.com because I liked the 8 minute game summaries of the teams in our division, but found this link when Dish carried the opposing teams feed only for two home games and one away game (the system by which feed Dish chooses to exclude a feed is a total mystery). Sure enough there were the Penguins announcers for all three games, I watched all three (and we lost two!).

I now stream Penguins games thru NHL.com on my ROKU, however Dish has a superior control system. The Roku offers a much sharper picture once it syncs up. And Dish is 720p.

Anyway, to all of you out there trying to get your team’s feed, you have an alternative other than trying to sync up with the radio (which you can do).  Don’t let Dish fool you when they tell you that on 2/15/2018 they can only get 1) a STD defifiton feed of the Rangers/Islanders game(NYR feed), 2) only a Carolina feed for the Hurricanes at New Jersey Devils game. Only two that night, not bad. The Are Blackouts. NBC and NHLN are the most frequent. When NBC takes a game it’s either the radio gambit

or NBC announcers. NHLN gives you the home feed almost every time, and your local team broadcaster will have rights to blackout any but it’s own feed if your (distant) team is playing them.

That is all. No other Blackouts. Well, now Canada, we rarely get their feeds because they are in 4k

(or SD definition - it’s Canada Johnny). Hope this helps, and helps Dish stop lying and tell us why this is happening for the first time This Year!

Pensfan
Extra

Fellow Yinser,

Please see my reply to Dutch the “Engineer” below. It might solve some of your problems, and at least sort out some bald faced lies. Guess that’s in vogue now, lying. If you are still lost, write me an email.