NBC now gone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBC now gone

kents15
Extra

This is CRAZY! No notice nothing just boom NBC gone... Negotiations ya right I have worked for a cable company this is bull. Dish is still making there money and network will get there money. Dish just wants to collect from us and then settle contract. DISH is greedy and way overpriced!!! We need a credit for not rerceiving what we are paying for!!!! May start looking back into Charter to get my TV..... And they will buy out my contract and they have no contracts!!

5 Replies

Re: NBC now gone

DISH Employee

Kents15, I can completely understand that this process can be frustrating. We were unable to reach an agreement with the channel owner. The channel owner is demanding an unreasonable rate increase, which is nearly two times what we currently pay for the their channel. DISH offered to match the rated paid by other pay-TV providers, but they refused this offer. 

Only the channel owner can choose to remove their content from DISH customers. And we offered to extend the contract so viewers would not be impacted, but they refused. While it will be hard to say when we'll have an agreement, we are working around the clock to reach a reasonable agreement with the channel owner as soon as possible. 

We definitely understand how much this impacts you and your family, and we thank you for your patience during this time. You can visit our website dishpromise.com. This website provides the same information and updates that our representatives would share and allows you to leave feedback directly to our Executive Team.

capehank
Extra

Very interesting DISH!!! It has been at least 3 weeks without NBC. DISH states it is about money, NBC states it is about the language in the contract. Seems to me, if 40 other companies can come to an agreement, then DISH should be able to come up with an agreement.

DISH should be crediting all affected $5 a month as they are saving money as they are not broadcasting NBC. 

Get with it DISH, don't tell me to use an over the air antenna, if I wanted to do that, I would not have DISH to begin with. 

DISH Employee

Capehank, you may be willing to pay more, but many others are counting on us to hold the line. This agreement could affect future agreements for other channel owners. DISH definitely understands the impact that this has on you and your family, which is why we will continue to work around the clock to reach an agreement. 

Bdbob
Extra
Central Tennessee and no NBC? And CBS is only in so. How disappointing. Crazy that I am going to miss Daytona this weekend along with other of my favorite programming. We get one major from Memphis, why can we not have the others? This is disappointing dish!

DISH Employee

Bdbob, Digital Marketing Areas and the channels provided within them are determined by the Nielsen Company and are based primarily on its measurement of local viewing patterns. Neither the FCC nor DISH plays any part in determining which counties are included in particular DMAs.

If you subscribe to a package with NBC Sports, channel 159, you will have access to their mobile app which does provide live streaming of NBC content, including the Daytona race this Sunday.