cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

NBC loss of WRC channel 4

RONHOT53
Character Actor

I certainly understand the ongoing indication from Dish that they are negotiating with channel WRC 4 for local service in the Shenandoah-Harrisonburg 22801 / 22802 etc market.  I, however, do not understand why Dish cannot provide a substitue NBC network station in the meantime, even if it were Altantic or New York (like in the old days when Dish provided East or West Coast network access). This is cracy now going on two weeks without the entire local channel networks package. If nothing else, maybe Dish could get a short term agreement with either NBC Richmond or Charlottesville or Roanoke for service to our local network lineup. I have been a Dish customer for 20 years and cannot believe Dish cannot get this resolved!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: NBC loss of WRC channel 4

RONHOT53
Character Actor

Glad to see Dish channel 004 back on-line with new NBC12 network out of Charlottesville VA. Thanks Dish to resolving the lose of NBC in my area. 

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
The FCC restricts the import of local channels from different markets, except under certain circumstances and negotiations isn’t one of them. Dish could not provide you with a different local by rule.

DISH Employee

Hello, RONHOT53. We can definitely understand the frustration during these negotiations. We will be happy to take a look at your account to see what options we have available to help during this time. If you would like, please feel free to send us a Private Message so we can look into this together. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Lisa0802chocola
Character Actor
We are quite upset and frustrated at losing wrc NBC 4 out of Washington. We have been told that negotiations are ongoing, however now it is gone from the directory, which makes us wonder if a different, less desirable affiliate will be replacing them. We certainly hope not. We definitely should be compensated for not being able to view a major network on dish.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
You agreed any channel may be removed at anytime, and expect no compensation or substitution.

Lisa0802chocola
Character Actor
I do not think it is unreasonable to expect a major network to be available.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
I do not think it is unreasonable for them to say “this is explicitly in your agreement”. You literally agreed to this.

Lisa0802chocola
Character Actor
And perhaps they will, to which this customer of 20 plus years will reply, " cancel the service ."
I'm sure they wont care. But I do.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
That would be your choice. See how you’re doing exactly what you’re mad at Dish for doing? Dish is their customer, just as you are Dish’s. Goes full circle.

Lisa0802chocola
Character Actor
Dish has the option of paying more and receiving the service, which is not an option I've been given.