cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MLB Extra Innings

lvptiger
Character Actor
Can I renew for the 2017 season today?

If I do, will I be authorized by DISH today, so I can access MLB.TV immediately?
7 Replies

Re: MLB Extra Innings

It is not available yet. I am not too sure if it includes preseason though as normally the blackout rules are sketchy. This is on the mydish page.

[b:26k6304u]The 2016 MLB EXTRA INNINGS package has ended. Please check back in the Spring of 2017 for information regarding the 2017 MLB EXTRA INNINGS package.[/b:26k6304u]
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

lvptiger
Character Actor
Matt G wrote:
It is not available yet. I am not too sure if it includes preseason though as normally the blackout rules are sketchy. This is on the mydish page.

[b:25hx4tfv]The 2016 MLB EXTRA INNINGS package has ended. Please check back in the Spring of 2017 for information regarding the 2017 MLB EXTRA INNINGS package.[/b:25hx4tfv]

I received the email below recently. Thank you for subscribing to the 2016 MLB EXTRA INNINGS package.
DISH is scheduled to auto-renew your MLB EXTRA INNINGS package for the 2017 season for the price of $165.

With your renewed subscription you will enjoy:
•Up to 100 live out-of-market MLB® regular season games every week.
•MLB.TV so you can watch every out-of-market game on over 400 supported devices.
•Your favorite out-of-market team and the League’s biggest stars.
The 2017 MLB® season begins April 2, 2017 and this package will auto-renew approximately 30 days prior to this date. If your previous subscription was paid in installments, your renewed subscription will be billed in four installments of $41.25. If your previous subscription was paid in a single payment, there will be a one-time charge of $165 added to your account.

If you choose not to renew your MLB EXTRA INNINGS package, please call 1-800-333-3474 by April 2, 2017, and a customer service representative will remove the package from your account.

What I am trying to find out is if I contact DISH to pay the $165 today if I will be recognized as a current subscriber to the MLB Extra Innings so that I can access MLB.TV

lvptiger wrote:
What I am trying to find out is if I contact DISH to pay the $165 today if I will be recognized as a current subscriber to the MLB Extra Innings so that I can access MLB.TV

This email is pretty much just saying that it will be added to your account automatically when it becomes available. We do not have the option of adding it right now and (officially) the cost of this has not been released. Sorry, but we will need to wait
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

michaelhirl
Extra
I received the same uninformed response previously.....I may save money and get MLB.TV to watch preseason. I don't remember having this problem with Directv last season.

lvptiger
Character Actor
michaelhirl wrote:
I received the same uninformed response previously.....I may save money and get MLB.TV to watch preseason. I don't remember having this problem with Directv last season.

I was thinking about buying MLB.TV for at least one month to watch preseason. May do so next week.

I did call the number indicated in my email and requested to opt out of auto renew. I will be surprised if that request will be granted. If so, I can always order again on or after March 4....I was told. Then I will try to access MLB.TV again and hoping that DISH will authenticate me.

I just can't depend on MLB.TV. For some reason it is either almost flawless or very problematic for me. Had no issues with DISH last season. For the extra $53 between the 2 products it is worth for me to buy MLB EI through DISH.

So I will wait to see what happens. If DISH does not authenticate me after the purchase, I will spend $25 with MLB.TV for the preseason

joey4196
Extra
Has anyone had issues with the game you want to watch changing channels after you set a recording? It's happened to me three time and we're 8 games into the season.

shabadoo25
Camera Crew
Yeah, it happened to me once. Really annoying. The portion I missed involved my team hitting 5 home runs in the first 2 innings.

Dish needs to figure out how to include EI channels in the team automatic recordings.