cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Lost local FOX Channel WTTG Channel 5

amwoolf
Audio Engineer

So last night lost my local FOX channel in the Washington, DC area. Called WTTG and they sent me to a website saying "DISH DID IT AGAIN!!" and that is also what the voice msg on the phone says. Of course Dish says it is FOX's fautl. I don't care whose fault it is! I lost HBO and CINEMAX and now my local channel. Will Dish reduce the charge I pay for my local channels? They need to give credit now but more importantly get this back. I am on month-to-month after my contract expired and thought about leaving after HBO/CINEMAX was dropped but stuck around a little longer. Now if FOX is permanently gone I will leave after 20 years and go to Verizon FIOS - not as good as Dish but should get all of my channels!  DISH - give us a real update and not propagander please!

6 Replies

Re: Lost local FOX Channel WTTG Channel 5

Jomalaney
Extra
It's happening all over the country. These providers are just using us as bargaining chips. We left ATT and switched to Dish because of the same problem, but Dish had all of our channels. Now they are in breach of the contract we just signed a week ago.

Lin82965
Character Actor

We lost ours too here in SC. I think I should be able to break my contract at this point!! I will definitely NOT be renewing!!

Lin82965
Character Actor

Exactly....breach of Contract!! I only have about 7 months to go, but that's 7 months too long in book with all the crap they've been doing! I'm over it. 

shoun56
Character Actor

My contract is up in Dec. but I am looking for another provider and I will not pay a penalty fee for breach of contract. If they can do this so can I.

astewart
Costume Designer

I'm cross posting this on every thread I can fine. I'm as upset at at a service provider as I've ever been. I spoke with some dumbass named Ashley on Chat that kept giving me the price of an OTA adapter, me telling her I did not want to pay for it. I have a perfectly functioning OTA antenna for weather issues. I just can't DVR with it. Dish Network is about the most worthless service provider I've seen. Maybe I'm the dumbass. I've stuck it out with them for 20 years.

DISH Employee

I get why this would be frustrating! We’re disappointed to see FOX put our customers in the middle of its negotiations by choosing to remove their channels from DISH’s lineup. FOX is demanding a double-digit percentage rate increase for continued carriage of its local channels. FOX is also attempting to “force bundle” it’s local channels with unrelated cable networks to get more money, and gain negotiating leverage. At it’s May investor day, FOX executives promoted their plan to increase retransmission revenue by 62 percent, to $2.6 billion by 2022. Due to the nature of our agreements with the channel owners, the residential contract agreement does state channels are subject to change. The cost to carry local channels, which are available free to customers over-the-air, are increasing beyond inflation with the largest cost DISH pays being the cost to programmers who own the content you enjoy. We are working to bring your channels back at a fair price.