cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Loss of local FOX channel

jtboney1
Extra

For weeks now I've been without my local Fox channel.  I finally got tired of the canned announcement and called them today for a local OTA antenna that they are promising so I can get my Fox back.  WHAT A JOKE.  I was told 1) That a technician would have to come out and install it on my roof and 2) It would be more than a month before they can come.  (I'm sure Dish is hoping the problem will fix itself before then and they don't have to do anything)

1) I just spent $14000 on a new roof and I ain't about to let some clown go up there and stick up an antenna.

2) More than ANOTHER month without service I pay for?  Ridiculous.

I asked her if they would send me an antenna.  If it requires installation I am perfectly capable of performing it.  I used to do it for a living.  Their answer of course was NO.  She couldn't provide me a reason.

I have been a Dish customer for many, many years but it looks like that's about to come to  an end.  My neighbor has Direct TV and gets his Fox station just fine.

Travis Boney Account #**bleep**909253437476

6 Replies

Re: Loss of local FOX channel

jannette
Extra

I agree, they need to settle and get FOX back! or another free live way to get the football games

Freed
Extra
Big joke!
Fox says Dish pulled the channel and Dish says it was Fox
Who is the LIAR?

Roadijeff
Visual Engineer

If you want an OTA antenna for Fox Sports it isn't going to help.  I have an OTA antenna connected to my Hopper 3 and I have been without Fox Sports for 2-3 weeks now. 

However, the antenna was free from Dish and a technician was not needed to install it.  I put it in my attic and ran the coax to the Hopper.  This was several yers ago when the majority of my local channels were in dispute with Dish.  Apparently, their poicy has changed since then.

GJMJ-1
Character Actor

Fox Sports Is Not An Open Air Channel An Antenna Wont Do You Any Good

jtboney1
Extra
I didn’t mention Fox sports. Just FOX. LOCALS.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
FOX, they want more money & they're holding us hostage Really tired of all these networks wanting more & more $$.