cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Loss of Fox programs

pattersr53
Character Actor

As a returning DISH customer I am saddened by the loss of all FOX programming and am amazed and truly angry how adults act more like children than children do. Customers apparently are NOT the driving force behind customer serviced based corporations, the almighty United States dollar is and if you don't pay more you are going to get far less. I really don't think that's how it works ladies and gentlemen of both board of directors here do you need it explained to you? As you sit there with your college degree planted firmly under your backside on the comfortable chair that your corporation purchased with the check you recieved last week compliments of the person(s) paying for the services your corporation represents. Keep in mind that chair you sit upon can be swept away and paper burned should you lose your customer base. Truly most of you have all lost the reasoning behind the mind that created the service your corporation(s) provide to assure the customer is happy so they continue to provide you with the funding to purchase that chair you sit upon daily. It can all be gone tomorrow just like the consumer (customer) can be. If you make enough to put a roof over your head, food on the table and a car in the driveway what more could you want? A golden palace? Oh wait someone already has that in another country paid for with the dollars you spent on the fuel for your car. You can't always get what you want just what you need!

7 Replies

Re: Loss of Fox programs

Lauri_lange
Character Actor

simple

You Hold back Fox,

we Hold back payments, 

Outcome?

We leave dish.

Dish folds

Badx3534V
Extra

Why am I paying for what DISH promised me and then took away????  We hooked up DISH in July only to get a couple of local channels and CBS removed from our channels a week later.  We assumed this would be straightened out between DISH and the channels.  We finally quit waiting patiently for this to happen and called DISH.  A couple of weeks later we were given an indoor antennae device that allows us to watch these channels.  Now it's just a couple of weeks later and we sit down to watch Saturday football and find that FOX Sports has been removed.  I, too, am ready to not pay my deal, hope that DISH folds, and then move on to a service that honors their PROMISE TO PROVIDE THE CHANNELS WE ARE PAYING FOR!

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
They are honoring the actual agreement they made.

H. Changes in Services, Features and Functionalities Offered. We have the right to, without notice at any time and from time to time (including, without limitation, during any term commitment to which you have agreed), add, delete, rearrange, alter, change and/or eliminate: (i) any and all prices, fees and/or charges; and/or (ii) packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features and/or functionalities. In the event that we add, alter and/or change any prices, fees and/or charges, then you agree to pay such added, altered, and/or changed prices, fees and/or charges. In the event that we add, delete, rearrange, alter, change and/or eliminate any packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features and/or functionalities, then you acknowledge and agree that we have no obligation to replace or supplement such packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features or functionalities. You further acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to any credits, refunds, price reductions or any other form of compensation because of any such addition, deletion, rearrangement, alteration, change and/or elimination. You further acknowledge and agree that such additions, deletions, rearrangements, alterations, changes and/or eliminations are not a discretionary act by DISH if they are due, in whole or in part, to the termination, suspension or expiration of DISH’s legal right to provide such packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features or functionalities.

goldmedalist
Extra

That may be the letter of the law, but not the spirit of the law.  We have been a Dish customer for almost 20 years.  Due to Charlie Ergen's poor negotiation tactics, Dish lost the LA Lakers and Dodgers a few years ago, recently HBO and now the Angels and soon the Clippers. Two days ago, we lost six (6) more channels!  The only time our account received a credit was for HBO.  When I contacted a Dish representative and complained, the astonishing response was "We will credit your account with a one-time amount of $3.00."  Meanwhile, Dish is pocketing what is not being paid to the providers of the dropped channels. This is totally unacceptable and, if the problem with the lost channels is not resolved immediately, we will have no choice but to leave Dish!!

astewart
Costume Designer

I'm cross posting this on every thread I can find. I'm as upset at a service provider as I've ever been. I spoke with some dumbass named Ashley on chat that kept giving me the price of an OTA adapter, me telling her I did not want to pay for it. I have a perfectly functioning OTA antenna for weather issues. I just can't DVR with it. Dish Network is about the most worthless service provider I've seen. Maybe I'm the dumbass. I've stuck it out with them for 20 years.

Paul810
Extra
I have been with dish network for 22 years and don't waste your money on the Ota tunner it will only work if you don't have any local channels on your account it will not record any of your timers that you have set. And where I live I can only get PBS so I am stuck having locals thru dish network but now I don't have fox network

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
I have an OTA tuner and mine works just fine. I also have the satellite locAls. Watching the Cowboy game on ABC right now off the OTA and recording the Simpsons on fox. Only Fox is in a takedown currently.