Local pbs channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local pbs channels

MoMan55
Extra

I recently lost the pbs channel 42 WOSU from Columbus Ohio. I still get WVPB from Huntington WV. Since I live in South Shore KY, why don't I get channel 25 from Ashland Ky or one of the Lexington Ky channels?

Tags (3)
7 Replies

Re: Local pbs channels

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You likely are not in that DMA.

MoMan55
Extra
To whom should I address this issue to try and receive a more local channel?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
MoMan55 wrote:
To whom should I address this issue to try and receive a more local channel?

Nielsen Media Inc, and the FCC. Nielsen draws the boundaries and the FCC enforces them.

ZZV43701
Camera Crew
I'm between 2 local PBS stations, one of them being WOSU, and only receive the national LOW-RES PBS feed.

fwiw - DMA map shows I am in no zone, but surrounding counties on all 4 sides are in Columbus Oh.

crodrules
Costume Designer
MoMan55 wrote:
I recently lost the pbs channel 42 WOSU from Columbus Ohio. I still get WVPB from Huntington WV. Since I live in South Shore KY, why don’t I get channel 25 from Ashland Ky or one of the Lexington Ky channels?

When I was last in that part of the state, Dish offered both of those (Ohio and West Virginia) PBS channels, plus a state-wide KET (Kentucky Educational Television) feed. Apparently things have changed since then. I have no idea why Dish dropped WPBO channel 42 from Portsmouth (a repeater station of WOSU channel 34 Columbus).

crodrules
Costume Designer
ZZV43701 wrote:
I'm between 2 local PBS stations, one of them being WOSU, and only receive the national LOW-RES PBS feed.

fwiw - DMA map shows I am in no zone, but surrounding counties on all 4 sides are in Columbus Oh.

It sounds like you are in the Zanesville DMA. (Yes, Nielsen still considers Zanesville to be a separate DMA, even though most of the channels in that package are actually from Columbus.)

ZZV43701
Camera Crew
Correct - wonder why no PBS station? I understand the NBC as there is an affiliate.Columbus or Athens PBS - or both.

Just sucks to have no local PBS - yet I support PBS, and nothing but low-def.