cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Local channels in Georgia

Macattack
Extra
Dear Dish, are you planning on lowering our charges for local channels you no longer air. Pretty soon with these contract disputes and losing HBO, cable is starting to look good. Not to mention complete programming loss due to weather when its beautiful outside. Come on get your act together
3 Replies

Re: Local channels in Georgia

DISH Employee

Hello there, Macattack. The locals package has a flat rate for all of the available channels in your local area. During takedowns, these channels are considered unavailable, but we are working hard to have these restored as quickly as we can. Programming disputes do happen, but we do have your best interest in mind while we fight for a fair and reasonable rate. 

If you are having signal loss on a beautiful sunny day, there may be a concern with your installation. We would want to take a closer look into that. How often are you seeing this error message on a sunny day?

GerryG
Character Actor

Having to pay full price each month when services are disrupted is not good customer service. The decent thing to do is at least OFFER a refund for missing content. It is NOT the customer's fault DISH can't negotiate the service they advertize.

I am a customer service rep for many major underwriters. I work at home and in the field. I beat the bushes every day for work, and have to guarantee everything. I don't produce, I don't get paid.

With DISH, you pay up front, and never get a refund; no matter how bad the service is.

Making suggestions to "go get an antenna, or download some app" on a phone or something, or go watch on the computer, is not what I signed up for.

I pay for the service BECAUSE I can't get antenna signal where I am due to all the local interfereance; and, I don't live on the internet with a 'thing' in my hand. I work on the PC all day. The LAST thing I want to do is use it for entertainment.

If DISH makes me wait too long, I might get used to not having the system, and just cancel their service.

I doubt I'm the only one who feels like this.

DISH Employee

Hello there, GerryG. Our goal is to always provide a world-class experience. We do want to be able to provide these channels and we do work hard to return these channels to our customers. I know that being without the locals is not ideal, and we do want to help alleviate the pain of being without your channels. Please send a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit security code associated with your account. 

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039