cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Local channel out?

robert365
Character Actor

We live in the Montgomery-Selma, Alabama DMA and one of our local channels ( WIYC which is channel 48 ) has been displaying a black screen with the following message on it for the past few weeks now.

"Sorry for the interruption of service. There is no need to call us.

We are aware that this TV station is temporarily unavailable and we will have this channel back as quickly as possible."

That message shows up on both the HD and SD versions of the channel too. Hopefully, someone can help shed some light on why this channel is out and maybe let us know when we will have this channel back up.

Thanks.

4 Replies

Re: Local channel out?

DISH Employee

Hey, robert365. We absolutely hate to hear that you were experiencing issues with this channel yesterday. Are you still experiencing issues today?

robert365
Character Actor
Yes, it's been that way for weeks, still is. Perhaps you can tell me why it's out and when it will be restored, I don't think the problem is on our end, the signal seems to be fine and the rest of the channels are fine too.

DISH Employee

We understand. Can you send us a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so that we can take a look in your area? 

You can check out this on the steps to send us a private message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

robert365
Character Actor

Ok, I sent a private message.