Local Guide data wrong

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Guide data wrong

Jim5506
Camera Crew

I live in Lubbock, TX. Our Fox station is channel 34 and it has 3 subchannels: 34-1 is Fox, 34-2 is local news and weatherand 34-3 is ION.

Dish network has the guide data wrong for 34-1.

Dish 34-00 is FOX, but 34-01 guide data is the same as guide data for 34-02 instead of being the same as 34-00.

The programming is correct, just the guide data is wrong, therefore one cannot record anything OTA for channel 34-01 because the guide is showing the programming for 34-2 on that line in the guide.

Tags (3)
3 Replies

Re: Local Guide data wrong

DISH Employee

Hi Jim5506! Thanks for giving us a heads up about this. When it comes to OTA channel guide information, we don't have a way to control what is input because it is being loaded in through the OTA as opposed to your DISH antenna. Basically, what your seeing now is the only information that was able to be received and processed from the OTA broadcast.

Danielle7997
Extra
This has been going on for years. I finally realize theyre never going to fix it. Dish fails to recognize new shows so you cant trust it to record series. It will tag old shows as new and fail to record new shows because its incorrectly tagged as not new. Im fed up with my service. And The OnDemand is the worst I’ve ever seen and I’ve had many other carriers. It’s the most difficult to use it’s confusing and it’s hard to find shows because you can’t search for them it doesn’t work right and then they can’t even bother to list things in alphabetical order I cant believe how bad these “features” are in 2018 end it would be nice to have the on-demand be easy to use since there are so many recording issues because your programming doesn’t work right. I have comcast internet. I think im going to see how much their tv package is. When I had them previously they had the absolute best on-demand I’d ever used. It’s available right away and you can search and all program is an alphabetical order so you can actually find the show you want

DISH Employee

Thank you for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with the Guide, Danielle7997. The Guide information we receive are from a 3rd party company and the broadcasters. I will be happy to share with our Engineers that you are still experiencing this issue. 

We appreciate any feedback and suggestions that will help us to continue to provide the best experience for you. I will definitely share your feedback about our On Demand feature. If you have any more suggestions on what we could do to provide you a better experience with this feature, please let us know.